Not feeling the love anymore Verizon...
NEALS55
Enthusiast - Level 1

For nearly 15 years I have been with Verizon and have been a loyal, pleased customer.  I have always claimed that Verizon cares about their customers and has really done their best to honor those who have stuck with them.  However it has become apparent to me that they seem more interested in sucking me dry than serving me, their customer.  I am currently in a place in which I would like to update a few of my phones, however ALL of the Verizon promotions require that I move to an Unlimited Plan.  This decision would cost me considerably more in monthly fees and would make the promotion a payout for Verizon in the end.  When I asked a sales person why there wasn't a Promotion for someone like me with an 8gb plan, they simply said that Verizon wants everyone on their unlimited plan.  All I could hear was, 'they want you to pay more for the same thing you are getting'.  I wish there was SOME value in being a loyal customer.  When I asked if they could honor the BOGO iPhone promotion and stay on my current plan, there was no interest in serving or helping me.  Verizon, what is happening?

Neal, 35, Portland, OR

Labels (1)
Re: Not feeling the love anymore Verizon...
boringusername
Master - Level 1

I don't get this "loyal customer" stuff. So what you are saying is that you had better options for the same price or even cheaper or had the same options for cheaper and you choose to stay with Verizon out of "loyalty"? Why? So one day you'll get some perk that was never promised? If you had better /cheaper options why did you stay for 15 years? If you didn't have better/cheaper options then that's not being loyal.

Guess what other carriers are the same way. You're not getting deals unless you're on their unlimited plans. Verizon is business so yes they exist to make a profit.( Yes I know even in a country who economy is based on capitalism making a "profit" is somehow evil ) and unlimited plans make them the most. By the way people have been demanding unlimited plans for years so Verizon brought it back.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Verizon is a for profit organization. It is the name of the game. If you want a promotion then you will be willing to fulfill the terms of the promotion.

There is no such thing as loyalty to a business. Call it what it is. You stayed a customer because you felt that it was the best value for your money. People don'r pay for something if they don't think it is a good value. Not even groceries.

You are now in the position to shop around and see what is out there but you can't blame Verizon for having terms on their promotions. It seems that the only promotion that requires being on the unlimited plan is the BOGO on the iPhone 8 and 8 Plus.

There are plenty of promotions that don't require the unlimited plan.

Weigh out the cost. At the end of 24 months do you pay more for unlimited or by buying the iPhones themselves?

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

sprmankalel wrote:

There is no such thing as loyalty to a business. Call it what it is. You stayed a customer because you felt that it was the best value for your money

Possible people stay because they have no other choice in a carrier. However not having choice is not being loyal. Loyalty implies you have other options.

0 Likes
J_THUNDERBOLTS
Enthusiast - Level 2

I feel the same

Lately it's been going down hill

It's the company, customer service can't do anything for me and I feel my service is worse now than it was with Alltel before Verizon bought them out.

Wish I could go back to all-tel, my speed was faster back then with the internet

Mbfam
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been a customer since ALLTEL.   Just spoke with the nicest guy with the Verizon that is pre-programmed to tell me how horrible the other companies are and really no appreciation for the Verizon customers.   I really don't understand when someone has been loyal they would rather take money and buy out other people's contracts than help the people that have made them who they are.   Thankfully I'm not under contract  so no one else will have to buy my contract out maybe it's time for a change.  VERIZON doesn't care!

sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

You were a customer of Alltel then you became a customer of Verizon Wireless when they bought Alltel and you chose to stay. You can't have been a customer of a company BEFORE it existed.

I have NO problems with my service or account. Maybe that is because I am not trying to get something that isn't due to me.

0 Likes
Mbfam
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for correcting me about ALLTEL  and Verizon.   Thank for your comments.  I'm not asking for something I don't deserve.

boringusername
Master - Level 1

Mbfam wrote:

Thanks for correcting me about ALLTEL and Verizon. Thank for your comments. I'm not asking for something I don't deserve.

Well exactly are you expecting? And if Verizon can't provide it then it's logical to switch to a carrier that can. Why continue to be frustrated?

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Ummmmm.

What is it that you're asking for that Verizon isn't providing?

0 Likes