Noise on home base rather than a connection
DBaertschy
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the Home base system to replace my land line.  In the past 4 days I have missed 2 very important phone calls because the caller was not able to get through to my home base system.  They called the correct number but when "connecting" they received all kinds of weird noises and no "ringing" indication.  I did not receive any notification that a call was being attempted to my home base.  Since I had been expecting the calls, I had periodically checked my phone to see if I got a dial tone and I always did.  I did receive other calls on another day.  Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Noise on home base rather than a connection
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Help is right here, front and center DBaertschy. Just to clarify, are you referring to home phone connect? If so then are you able to make calls with this service? Did you have a new number assigned or did you port a number from another landline/wireless carrier? As you share the details then we can investigate together.

Thank you…

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
DBaertschy
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am referring to Home phone connect.

I can make calls from the service and I can receive calls on the

service. But twice now, people have told me that they could not make a

connection to the service. Usually they can. But twice they could not.

Now when I am expecting a call, I call myself from another phone to make

sure it is working correctly. So far it has been working correctly the

last two days.

I ported this number from Frontier several weeks ago.

Once I tried to call forward from this service and the system would not

let me do it. Usually I find that call forwarding does work.

Dave Baertschy

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DBaertschy,

Thank you so much for the details. I don't want you to miss any phone calls! On your home phone can you please try to dial *228 and call. When the recording comes on please select option 1. This will then start playing some music once the music is done playing the call will end. Then you should see the device power cycle. Please keep testing and keep us posted if anything comes up.

KevinR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes