Re: No service in Uptown Charlotte, NC
ET_

thanks for the heads up on the AT&T service.. I've been Verizon since..well i was Altell long before they snatched it up.... I've been doing ok outside of Charlotte with my MiFi but it is useless in downtown Charlotte...in fact if you are in the TransAmeica building, you can't even use your iphone 3g device for calls, text etc...never mind a hotspot...in 5th/3rd building the phone does good, but the mifi is shameful...at the Plaza the mifi is usable in the morning, then it seems like the "party line" fills up or something.. I'd swear they are sucking on bandwidth more than tower service cause I get enough bars, it's not the signal strength, it's the verizon bandwidth...anyway, I'm pissed about it and of course stuck in contract...but that will end in time as well..  I'll go buy an additional device under AT&T and get back to work...and , hey, VZ support...unless you have a true solution, don't give me BS about wanting to figure it out and open a ticket... I'm not in the mood to chase your offshore nonsupport nonsense... my current monthly bill is over $200 for the devices I have for my business on your account...and you advertise the largest coverage area...and yet, in a major financial hub city like Charlotte your service is worthless...get it right!

0 Likes
Re: No service in Uptown Charlotte, NC
Greymouse
Enthusiast - Level 2

I placed another trouble ticket for this issue.  Like the last three times I was told it was a known issue and would be addressed.  This time they told me by the end of 2014 upgrades should be complete and service should improve.  It did not.  Data service is terrible during business hours in 28202.  lucky to get 0.05mb down and 0.01mb up.  Speed is very fast during non business hours when employees are not uptown suggesting this continues to be a congestion issue. 

0 Likes