Re: No service in Uptown Charlotte, NC
strollincash
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for the info... I was afraid I was doing something wrong in trying to send a private message... seems it's just the Verizon reps who can't get anything right.  I'll send the rep a "follow" request and keep my fingers crossed. 

I was hoping this avenue would be an easier way to get this issue solved as calling and the chat feature get me nowhere.  It'd be nice if Verizon would just admit to a coverage/bandwidth issue and FIX IT.

0 Likes
dmnb03
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have also opened a thread with the same issue.  Unfortunately it doesn't seem like VZW is looking to address this issue.  They keep going back to the same what device do you have, lets try clearing settings answer.  It doesn't work.  This is a congestion issue and using your device in ANY populated area while on VZW is no happening.  During the Greek Fest. on East BLVD my phone was at a stand still.  Uptown all day Monday - Friday (and sometimes on the weekends) you can't use the phones at all either.  Why again are we paying them?

0 Likes
strollincash
Enthusiast - Level 2

Does anyone from Verizon plan on ACTUALLY addressing this thread and this issue??

I called Verizon Friday afternoon and they indicated they have no "alerts" for Charlotte.  I was advised to update my PRL by removing/replacing my phone's SIM card two times while in the area where I am having service issues.  Having completed this, it has done NOTHING to improve my service.

At this point, I am most likely just going to try to get out of my contract as I cannot continue to have a phone that is completely useless during working hours.  I also do not appreciate paying for a service that Verizon doesn't actually provide.

0 Likes
Deepman

I am located in 28202.  I work at the corner of Stonewall and Church and I have no LTE service at all.  I just upgraded to the iphone 5s and I cannot take advantage of 4g speeds at all. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We absolutely are ready and willing to work with you to find out what's happening with your service, strollincash. I checked with my coworker ArnettH_VZW and he accepted your follow request but has been waiting for your private message. I have also sent you a follow request here in the forum if you'd like to message me. Please access https://community.verizonwireless.com/actions to accept my request and follow me back so you can send me a private message with your name, mobile number, and billing password or last 4 digits of your social security number (what you verify with Customer Service) so we can see what's happening.

Thank you
JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
strollincash
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi Jennifer,

I have sent you a direct message.  I am still not able to message ArnettH as he only just accepted my follow request today.  He is also not following me so I am unable to send him a request per the error message I receive.

Looking forward to getting this issue solved as I'm sure everyone who has contributed to this thread is.

Thank you.

0 Likes
Jaina64

I live in Newton, NC. I was having trouble earlier and I manged to get through to customer service and was connected to someone nice. I hope you have the same luck!

0 Likes
IMoore
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am in Uptown Charlotte every day for work.  For the past six months, my data service has been abysmal.  It simply happened out of nowhere.  When I start to head home from work and get about a mile outside of the city, it all comes back in full force.  Which is nice but not having data while at work is extremely frustrating.  What am I paying for?  The majority of my day is spent in a rather major city and I dont get any service.  What is going on??

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

IMoore,

Let us zero in our focus on coverage and figure this out. What's your work zip code? Are issues indoors only? Which model device are you using? And are others experiencing the same?

EvanO_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
WHaggerty

I echo all of the previous posts. I work in uptown Charlotte (28202) and get poor LTE data service both inside and outside. I often have to turn off LTE just to send an iMessage or check my email. I live in South End (28209) and have the same issues not only at home but also on the drive in to work down South Blvd (28203). Siri (which relies on data) will not work at the corner of South Blvd and East Blvd just to make a simple phone call (has happened four times in the last week) and at best I have 3 bars of LTE service. Placing an actual call is fine but anything that requires data is hit or miss. I also often find my phone on 3G vs. LTE even with LTE turned on. Has the recent growth in the area overloaded your towers? Have you recently switched off any towers? I have had your service for over a year now and was very pleased with it at first. It was much faster and more consistent than AT&T. Over the last 6 months though it seems like it has gone down hill fast. What has changed? What is being done to fix it? It doesn't seem like an isolated issue given the number of posts here. I also have friends with the same problem. Most recently I had a friend upgrade from an iPhone 4 to a 5S and say "What's this LTE thing? I don't like it. It is slow and makes Siri not work." She is also in the 28203 zip code.

IPHONE 5 iOS7

I have tried reseting my network settings twice

Zip Codes (28209, 28203, 28202)

Recent Speed Test Average using Speedtest.net 3.63 Mbps Down, .96 Mbps Up (28209) on 11/24

Same test on Wifi with same server (Mooresville, NC) 13.68 down, 5.15 up

0 Likes