Re: No service in Uptown Charlotte, NC
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry you are now having issues with service in your area WHaggerty. When having issues in multiple areas, the phone may be the issue? Have we filed a trouble-ticket for your issue? Have we replaced the phone for the issues you're having. A hard reset or restore via Itunes is our last step before processing a trouble-ticket. I look forward to hearing from you.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
WHaggerty

I do have a ticket number now. I lived with this issue for the past few months but now it has only gotten worse. Although my issues are across multiple zip codes they are all near each other and in markets that have recently grown. The tech I spoke with was very helpful but stated that it is a known issue and they have plans to improve service in the area in 2014. I guess this is a product of the popularity of your service combined with poor planning on the capital expenditure side. I will wait it out for a few more months but may be forced to switch back to AT&T

0 Likes
schimel

I also have absolutely no data service in uptown charlotte, especially at my work.  My desk is beside a wall of glass windows and I very rarely get any data.  Most of the time, it just times out when trying to access a web page or anything.  It is not the phone because I've had several models and all of them have had the same issue.  Also, all of my coworkers that also have Verizon service have terrible data speeds / connections.   A guy that sits across from me has AT&T and his data works great.  This needs to be resolved or customers to be compensated.  I spend over half of my waking hours at my work location and am unable to use the services that I pay for.   I've previously had great signal and coverage with Verizon until recently.   If this isn't resolved within a month, I'm going to have to break my contract and find a carrier that offers data in this area.  I just can't afford to not receive emails/ data/ etc, during the day, or intermittently.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@schimel

I really don't want to see you leave us over this!  I understand the desire to maintain a good data connection, especially during business hours.  Based on the details you've provided, use of one of our Network Extenders http://vz.to/IHRT6h would greatly improve your indoor 3G coverage.  Considering your coworkers that have Verizon Wireless are experiencing the same, we have a business model as well http://vz.to/IPlzPe.

AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
geochar

I am sorry Verizon support, but you are not getting the point.  I too have exactly the same problem- I cannot get LTE service on my phone to work, not for lack of signal, but due to a network that is totally congested and cannot move.  It does not matter where one is in or near uptown Charlotte- inside, outside- there is signal, but virtually no speed.  The network simply does not have the capacity it needs.  My office is in 28204 about a mile from uptown and it is the same there.  Also, it is exactly the same everywhere near the Metropolitan, Central Piedmont Community College, etc., inside, outside, even near the cell tower.

I read where Verizon has admitted in the last week or so that there is a major congestion problem in major cities with LTE and they are trying to use the AWS spectrum to help relieve it.  Well, be sure to tell them to add uptown and near uptown Charlotte to their list because right now I can't even use the Internet on my smartphone with LTE anywhere within a 1.5 mile radius of uptown Charlotte. I am seriously considering leaving Verizon as well as my business can't function when I can't get emails, check things on the Internet, etc. in or near downtown Charlotte.  Again, it has nothing to do with lack of signal that a range extender would fix.  It is that supposedly superior Verizon network that is not so superior anymore, in fact, unusable.

Oh, and before you tell to do various things to "fix" my phone as the issue, don't bother.  If I drive 4 miles away the LTE data service is great!

0 Likes
dmnb03
Enthusiast - Level 3

THANK YOU!! hopefully Verizon will get the point that we are all having!  We are paying the premium cost each and every month for basically no service. We should get together and all sign a petition.  I'll set one up on change.org

0 Likes
zhp_pilot

I work just south of CDIA (28217) and data coverage is prety much non-existant at my office. Our company provides VZW phones to employess. I also have my personal phone which is VZW. I'm at the point I don't even attempt to try anything that relies on data. I'm also at the point that after 15 years, I will be leaving VZW. I can not stand this anymore.

If you're a VZW rep reading this, don't bother asking me to perform any actions. As evident by everyone else posting here, the problem is not our phones. It's the service and/or coverage. Typically -110 dBm here and -104 at home, which is on the other side of town. Doesn't matter if your indoors or outdoors. The problem is wide spread around the Charlotte area. No amount of removing/replacing sim cards is going to fix a network problem on verizon's end.

I tried to send a screenshot of speedtest on my phone via twitter to VZW support, after 45 mins of "sending tweet" it had still not sent. The last test I performed managed a whopping 0.20 Mbps down and 0.05 Mbps up. Ping was 246. Just pathetic.Most of the time, connections time out before anything happens.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Wow you have done a lot of troubleshooting already! We appreciate you doing all that work.  We would love to get more information from you.  If you could contact us at 1-800-922-0204 so we can open a resolution ticket so we can look into the area.  We look forward to hearing from you soon.

0 Likes
dmnb03
Enthusiast - Level 3

This is a major issue, and from the looks of it we have no end/resolution in sight. 

0 Likes
strollincash
Enthusiast - Level 2

Switch to AT&T... my data speeds in uptown and pretty much everywhere are crazy fast... Verizon is just going to continue to give customers the run around instead of taking ownership and fixing the problem... 

Sent via the Samsung GALAXY S®4, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone