Re: No service in Uptown Charlotte, NC
strollincash
Enthusiast - Level 2

I work in 28202 and I have spoken with a Verizon representative.  All of my settings on my phone are fine and so it was suggested that I completely wipe my phone and restore it (which does nothing).  Are there just not many towers (or any) in Uptown?  I've also noticed my voice services do not always work as I parked in front of (removed) and called my boyfriend who works in that building FIVE times.  His phone never rang.  He is also on the Verizon network.

I've also noticed that once I leave Uptown and head home, sometimes I have to reboot my phone in order to start receiving service.  My phone almost gets "stuck."  I have no issues with service at home (28210 zip code).

I have an iPhone and I know others with different types of phones that have the exact same issue.  So it's NOT the phones... it's the network...

Private information removed as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
nate11000

Same here.  I work in uptown Charlotte, 28202, and I get no data service during the daytime. If I come in early or work late, I'm back to semi-functional.  I get no messaging during the day since my phone is using imessage.  Voice is more usable, but I really need my data! I tried the tips given, and they are no use.  As someone else mentioned, I often have to reboot my phone once I leave the central area to get service again.  Is there any plan to correct this problem?  Friends on another service provider aren't having this issue...

0 Likes
dmnb03
Enthusiast - Level 3

This issue is a problem!  I have noticed that the service gets worse as the day goes on just as one of the VZW people said.  Around lunch time there is NO service. (Meaning it is very slow)  0.05mbps down is all I get ever!  My phone is practically unusable.  Thats great that other people are using network extenders however I feel like I'm already paying enough for the most "reliable" network.  What are we going to do about this?  The network simply can't handle us here in Charlotte NC.  Bad Bad...  If I lived here I would be screaming!!  good thing I only work from downtown.

0 Likes
strollincash
Enthusiast - Level 2

Is there a plan in place to remedy this issue?  Clearly from the responses to the original post, it is NOT an issue with the phones; it is the service/coverage.  I pay well over $100 a month for talk/text/data services on 2 phones and they are both useless during the weekday as these services simply do not work in Uptown Charlotte.  With the initial post being several months ago and this still being an issue, I would like to know what is being done on Verizon's end to fix this problem. 

0 Likes
thechad1215
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am experiencing the same as others in Uptown near Trade St & Tryon St. Between the hours of 9:30 and 6:30, data speeds cause my handset to be completely unusable from a data perspective (especially as I typically rely on it as a mobile hotspot). A couple weeks ago, I ran a speedtest resulting in 0.10Mbps down, 0.20Mbps up. This week, I can't even reach a speedtest server.

I'd like to make clear that this is not a coverage issue. I don't believe network extenders alone would resolve the problem. I consistenly get 2-4 bars all day long with no change in data speeds. Texts go though without much problem, and calls are a bit choppy but have yet to drop completely. It appears the issue is entirely due to congestion. Is there any timeline for adding bandwidth to the network in this area? Possibly some of those fancy new AWS upgrades?

In the meantime, as one in the middle of his 14-day trial of a new 2-year contract, I'm having to reconsider whether the premium I'm paying for "reliability" is worth it.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi strollincash
I would be happy to look into all these issues for you. Which device do you have? This will help me determine the next troubleshooting step for you. I'd like to get to the bottom of this for you! Does service improve outside? Does service decrease at a certain time?

I look forward to working with you on this.

JoeL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
strollincash
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi,

I have an iPhone 5.  The service does not improve outside or anywhere in the 28202 zip code.  The service is non-existent ALL DAY.  I have already gone through all of the troubleshooting steps with another representative with the assumption that the issue was my phone.  I can assure you... it is NOT my phone.  Please read ALL of the messages on this thread and others regarding the Uptown area of Charlotte... this is a coverage issue and for the amount that I pay for service, it is UNACCEPTABLE that I am basically without service during the weekday.  I would like to know what is being done to improve coverage in this area or I will have to switch my service to another provider. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the info Strollncash. Your patience on this matter is very much appreciated. I want to make sure that we are doing all we can to get you the most reliable service. May I have you send me a private message with your full name, mobile number, account passcode, and a 2-3 sentence summary of the issue? This way if a ticket is needed then we can file one for you and get this resolved once and for all. I'm looking forward to your reply.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
strollincash
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi,

In an attempt to send a private message, the system will not allow me to actually send the message.  If there is another way to get this information to you, please let me know as I would like to get this issue resolved.  Is there not a way to submit a general ticket?  Obviously, many of your customers are experiencing the same issue as noted in this post.

Thanks.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

To send a private message, you must first send him a follow request by clicking on the link I have provided and select "Follow". He must accept your follow request. He must also send you a follow request which you must accept.

ONLY THEN will you be able to send/receive private messages from

Good luck, however I am unsure if many "Follow" requests to Verizon agents ever get accepted. If you look at the remarks by users to these Verizon CS agents, it appears as if the agents do not know how to use this system other than to make bright & cheery remarks from behind rose colored sunglasses.