No pro-rating with cancellation
Dothemath

I have been a long time verizon customer about 10 years sticking to their wireless voice plan, and about last 5 years also month to month. just before year 2014 starts, I finally disconnected services, and made a call to make sure they are aware of it and give me the credit that I did not use. Because I got a partial credit back from Comcast when I switched from Comcast cable to Verizon Fios last summer, I thought this is logical and big company will do so when a customer even won't ask it. But surprisingly, I heard that I need to pay whole month bill and they will not credit back partially. I said why not I just only used 9 days only besides it was not even 100 minute talk out of 500 minute talk given. I had to talk the person's superviser (who knows she is really superviser or just changed a responding person?) then I asked I asked to talk her superviser, and she said leave my phone number and then they will give the call back within 24 to 48 hours. of course they never called me back. now I am thinking "will it be worth to keep asking for the credit just because that is the right business principal?" or just give the money they insist they can charge me the whole month just because they say so now on their own papers then disconnect Verizon Fios as well going back to Comcast? anybody has a better idea?

Edited to start new discussion.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: What are charges to end Month-to-Month?
Not applicable

If you were on a month to month you need only port out to another provider a few days before your bill closing date and you would not need the hassle of even thinking about a pro rata

Verizon does not prorate so you are stuck when you closed out a line of service mid month.

Good Luck

Re: No pro-rating with cancellation
khouma23
Enthusiast - Level 2

you could suspend the line without billing before you request to cancel so you won't be charged for the rest of the month

0 Likes
Re: No pro-rating with cancellation
Dothemath

I suspended the lines first and the next day called to make sure the final bill's amount. Well in the end, they say they will charge the whole month without any prorate. If that is what they want to earn and lose the business for the future. that is the case for verison.

0 Likes