No or limited service in 03060
Cmtnashua

Hello I haved lived in my current location for 5+ years and city all my life. Three weeks ago I noticed in my home I stopped receiving service no bars or just 1 bar. The I noticed dropped calls across town or no service. Even 1-2 miles from my home no service, at work no bars. Opened a ticket and after weeks of investigation I was too my home was in a fringe area, maybe VS should update their coverage map as it reflects my town has complete coverage. Not only have we created a society dependent on cellphones to stay connected but it is also a lifeline of we are in need of help. Now that is unavailable. What is going on Verizon. It was recommended to me "for my safety" to find another carrier. Really is that what we tell customers who have been loyal for 30+ years?

0 Likes
Re: No or limited service in 03060
bearone21
Legend

you probably know you're in a fringe area + you've had quite a bit of rain recently.

0 Likes
Cmtnashua

Thank you bearone21,

Yes I was told I was in a fringe area, but what I don't understand up until 3 weeks ago I never had a problem. Also it isn't just at my home, different parts of Nashua. According to VZ Nashua has complete coverage. Is it possible that the trouble is in my phone? an update or malfunction?

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

it depends where you sit in relation to the tower.

fwiw: my son also lives in a remote area (not nashua) & when calls come in from him, i see he's accessing a tower a long way from where he lives.

he get's around it with wi-fi + a wi-fi extender for all the family devices for calls & internet.

0 Likes
GrrrFoto
Enthusiast - Level 1

TO whom ALL this concerns...

My issues are in GA 31087 with this "your location is on the "fringe" of our coverage area" irks me at best...we (my family and I) have been faithful customers for 23 years...even before Verizon bought out our initial cellular company (Cellular One). Before the 3G services were dropped my location was in perfect range even for 4G; NOW I am lucky to get 1x to 1 bar...outside and standing in back of my truck. I have called and to the point of screaming at representatives asking why (though they ALL are reading out of a book...no one seems to truly care!) this dramatic change. Why couldn't my Dad call for help when my Mom fall and shattered her shoulder. {Don't get me started on the call -911 inadequacies!}.. Dad had to drive her 30 miles to hospital where there was finally service! Anywhos...

Back to what do you do: you call to point of harassment, then if no real response...file a complaint with the BBB and FCC to the Verizon Corporate Offices "Basking Ridge Operational Headquarters
One Verizon Way, Basking Ridge, New Jersey 07920, USA 908.559.2001"... I will say that actually got their attention. Plus I contacted my local Congress persons (heck, make them actually work for you!! OR lose your vote...and remind them that you have a large following in their district).. 

We have become so reliant on wireless services that it isn't funny anymore. FIGHT for what services you are paying for....if shoe was on other foot; they would demand better service, yes!?

0 Likes