No more Phone Upgrades on Verizon Wireless if you have an unlimited Data Plan!!!
tpatterson

I went into a store yesterday to buy a Note 2. We were at the cash register, swapping SIM's when the sales person says, "Oh, yeah.  So you'll forfeit your unlimited data plan if you take the subsidized price on the phone."  I said, "NO WAY!" 

This was not part of the contract I signed with Verizon Wireless 6 years ago.  Now they are manipulating and changing that contract.  

IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED IN JOINING A CLASS ACTION SUIT TO PUNISH GREEDY VERIZON - PLEASE EMAIL:

>Email address deleted<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: No more Phone Upgrades on Verizon Wireless if you have an unlimited Data Plan!!!
budone
Legend

tpatterson wrote:

I went into a store yesterday to buy a Note 2. We were at the cash register, swapping SIM's when the sales person says, "Oh, yeah.  So you'll forfeit your unlimited data plan if you take the subsidized price on the phone."  I said, "NO WAY!" 

This was not part of the contract I signed with Verizon Wireless 6 years ago.  But you are signing a NEW contract when you get a subsidized phone, so the old contract is no longer in force. Now they are manipulating and changing that contract.   They are changing nothing on your current contract. YOU are wanting a subsidized phone and to do so, you sign a new contract.

IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED IN JOINING A CLASS ACTION SUIT TO PUNISH GREEDY VERIZON - PLEASE EMAIL:

Customer agreement does not allow for Class Action lawsuits.

It states in part:

(3) THIS AGREEMENT DOESN'T ALLOW CLASS OR COLLECTIVE ARBITRATIONS EVEN IF THE AAA OR BBB PROCEDURES OR RULES WOULD. NOT WITHSTANDING ANY OTHER PROVISION OF THIS AGREEMENT, THE ARBITRATOR MAY AWARD MONEY OR INJUNCTIVE RELIEF ONLY IN FAVOR OF THE INDIVIDUAL PARTY SEEKING RELIEF AND ONLY TO THE EXTENT NECESSARY TO PROVIDE RELIEF WARRANTED BY THAT PARTY'S INDIVIDUAL CLAIM. NO CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE OR PRIVATE ATTORNEY GENERAL THEORIES OF LIABILITY OR PRAYERS FOR RELIEF MAY BE MAINTAINED IN ANY ARBITRATION HELD UNDER THIS AGREEMENT.

The U.S. Supreme court ruled a year or two ago this is legal to do.

>Email address deleted<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Re: No more Phone Upgrades on Verizon Wireless if you have an unlimited Data Plan!!!
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

tpatterson wrote:

I went into a store yesterday to buy a Note 2. We were at the cash register, swapping SIM's when the sales person says, "Oh, yeah.  So you'll forfeit your unlimited data plan if you take the subsidized price on the phone."

This change went into effect June 2012; there are numerous (as you can imagine) threads about it on this forum if you want to do a search.

If you want to keep unlimited data (at least for now), do not sign a new two-year contract; your choices are:

• pay full retail price for the phone
  • buy your phone from somewhere like ebay or swappa
  • upgrade another line on your account, then move the phone to the line with the unlimited data
  • add a line to your account and order the phone at a subsidized price, then put a basic phone on that line (and drop the data plan) and move the new phone to your line

And if you haven't already heard, there's also now a $30 upgrade fee that went into effect last spring.

melvindeville
Contributor - Level 1

THIS IS TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ITS BEEN LIKE THAT FOR A WHILE NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Likes
cocofifi
Enthusiast - Level 1

I feel for you. I don't like it either,but it's been this way for a while now. Who can afford a smartphone phone at full price?

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

tpatterson wrote:

This was not part of the contract I signed with Verizon Wireless 6 years ago.  Now they are manipulating and changing that contract.

News flash, the contract you signed with Verizon 6 years ago has been over for the past 4 years. Each time you purchase a subsidized upgrade, you sign a NEW contract. You don't extend your current contract. The terms of the new contract may or may not be different than your old contract. If you do not like the new terms, feel free to not enter into a NEW contract. It is YOUR choice. After your current contract is over, you are no longer under contract. YOU can leave at any time without penalty and VERIZON is under no obligation to abide by the terms of your OLD contract.

That is the point of having a contract. It has a start date and an end date. Both parties are bound by the terms of the contract between those two dates and are no longer bound AFTER the contract ends.

0 Likes
Not applicable

You signed a 2 year contract, not a 6 year contract.  Every 2 years, you sign a new 2 year contract with new terms and conditions, or you go off-contract.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Anyone who decides keeping unlimited data is worth the price.  Otherwise, they give up their unlimited data.  Who can afford the price of a new Corvette?

0 Likes
2cool4school
Contributor - Level 1

Consider this, you may not use as much data as you think, I would recommend checking out your usage, you may be surprised.

0 Likes