No longer receiving email to texts
sproc_spock_sproc
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi,

I am no longer receiving email to texts from my company's email addresses.  @morningstarhealthonline.com.

I used to be able to receive them, they would use 10_digit_phone_number@vtext.com .  I would receive them as text messages.  Now I am not getting them.  I talked to our email guy and he said the emails were getting deferred by Verizon.  Is there anything I can do to get this straightened out and start receiving the texts again?

Labels (1)
Re: No longer receiving email to texts
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried the MMS message address? I know the format for it has been posted on this community before.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
sproc_spock_sproc
Enthusiast - Level 1

Do you mean instead of using @vtext.com, use @vzwpix.com ?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
ssstellar27
Enthusiast - Level 2

Having the same issue with my company. Have tried both @vtext.com and @vzwpix.com. Pretty sure Verizon is blocking certain email to texts assuming they are spam or "commercial". This is a big issue with us as we use these alerts when our clients have critical issues that need immediate response.

three_west
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having the same problem.  I want to use text alerts because they have the ability to punch through the DND rules for after hours alerts.  I successfully sent a text message, and after that single message I can no longer send ANY email to text from my work account (neither vtext nor vzwpix).

They continue to work fine from other accounts when sent manually.  If I set up a rule to forward though, then they do not work.

This clearly seems like an anti-spam issue, and I appreciate the fact that VZW is protecting me from spammers, but you MUST institute some sort of white-list for your users who are RELYING on YOUR services for high priority alerts!

0 Likes
ukmacke
Enthusiast - Level 1

I don't see a resolution posted for this issue.  We are having a similar problem.  We send alerts from automated processes that have issues so that we recieve a text.  We used to send text messages from one email address to our @VTEXT.com address and recieved them fine. We had to change the from address because our company was bought by another so the domain changed.  Now those of us with verizon don't receive the texts, but those with ATT do.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ukmacke, we want to make sure that you're able to receive all texts. Please tell us, are you able to receive messages to your @VTEXT address from other e-mail domains? Do you receive any type of alert from the new domain that a text cannot be delivered or does the message simply fail to come through completely?

LauraF_VZW

0 Likes