No longer get a Signal. My zip code is 32421 in NW Florida
papajack51
Enthusiast - Level 2

My zip code is 32421 in NW Florida, Just about the middle of the map, just below Interstate 10. I have been with Verizon since it took a portion of ALLTEL, was with Alltel since they took over another company and was with that company when they took over one. I have not personally changed providers in at least 15 years or more. My problem now is that my signal strength has become almost nonexistent where I have always been all these years. It seems like the fall of 2013 I had good signal but it started dropping. I finally change from a Motorola Maxx (I think it was) and now my wife has a Samsung Galaxy S3 and I have the S4. The other 2 phones on our contract (grandkids) both Apple 4's have the same problem. My son and his wife, who live next door and with Verizon also have the same problem and timeline. It is like a tower(s) have been out of commission for a while. My phone roams at times while in the house. If I have my phone set to announce when it loses the network or regains the network, it became to irritating to have to hear it. At one point we could almost use our cell phones exclusively at home. Now we are bound to landlines. I've never had any problem with Verizon but have become quite upset during the last 6 months to the point of trying something different when our contract expires. We are no longer getting the service we were getting with earlier contracts. Please help. Tell us what we can do or what Verizon is going to do to check this out.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: No longer get a Signal. My zip code is 32421 in NW Florida
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello papajack51,

We know how important it is to have consistent and reliable wireless service. Allow us to partner with you and get your service working properly. May I ask is the issues indoors only or is it outdoors as well? Since you have confirmed that the issue is effecting a variety of devices, please follow & send us a private message so we can investigate further.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
papajack51
Enthusiast - Level 2

The signal is ever so slightly higher outside as would be expected, but still not high enough, often enough to be depended on. In fact it is more prone to roam when stepping out of the house than inside. I have to drive several miles Northwest (approximately 7 miles) towards the intersection of Interstate 10 and SR 71 in the panhandle of Florida, just south of the town, Marianna. When heading east on SR 286 from SR69, through the Ochessee area to I-10 and then heading east for about 10 miles from the Apalachicola River are several dropout areas of low to no signal, but since we're moving it is for a very brief period of time. Getting back to my house though, the service that I had as late as last summer, both inside and out, has significantly declined.  Just based on my driving from my house, it seems that a tower North of me has dropped. You can find these roads on Google maps, in fact you can find them by zooming in on the Verizon Coverage map, find Tallahassee in North Florida and follow Interstate 10 to the west for about 50 miles. The problem seems to be from SR 286 to SR 69 then to SR71. Along a stretch about 17 miles south of Interstate 10 in between these 3 intersections is where the problem seem most prevalent.

I'm not sure what you meant by follow and send a private message. The only option I see for me is "Reply". Please excuse my ignorance.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for providing some clarification regarding your service papajack51. I'd be happy to provide additional information regarding the Private Messaging on this forum. If you hover over ArnettH_VZW's name, you can click the "follow" button. After that you can select to send a Direct Message. Here are some instructions: http://vz.to/1kRBMUT  Once we're in a Direct Message, we can get some additional information regarding your account, and see if a Network Ticket needs to be filed for your area.

Thank you,
MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes