Re: No employer discount on Unlimited Plan??
River4

I am in the same boat.  Three phones, two watches currently on a employer discounted 8GB plan.  Moving to Unlimited would bump my bill up by $50.  Doesnt sound like much, but it's over $600 a year.

0 Likes
punjabusa
Enthusiast - Level 1

They need new shared plans, they are very old and came out over 2 years ago, sometimes you can get lucky and get put onto a Loyalty plan, those give you a huge bump in Data for the same price your paying now.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

What a difference a new plan makes.   I was paying for a prepaid line on Verizon for extra data, and reception, and $169 for a group plan on AT&T, total over $200 a month after taxes.  

Switched to Verizon with our own phones on the 13th.  My bill should be about the same, more like $180, and I added my mom back because it’s cheaper to have 5 phone lines than 4.  

0 Likes
njrotella
Enthusiast - Level 1

Why is the job of military so much more important than my teaching job?  Why does their discount still apply when mine does not?  

mama23dogs
Legend

@njrotella wrote:

Why is the job of military so much more important than my teaching job?  Why does their discount still apply when mine does not?  

No disrespect.   Teaching is a very important, underpaid and unappreciated profession.  It’s obscene that we pay athletes millions of dollars when some are such horrible human beings, and teachers get so little for all the time and dedication they put in.  

But your job doesn’t require putting your life on the line as part of the job description.  And I’m more than a bit shocked you would dare equate yourself with those who do, and did.    

FrankZuber

I'm with you. I've had Verizon since analog and would like to move to unlimited but can't afford to without the discount. 

0 Likes
SORKA95032
Enthusiast - Level 2

I occasionally get emails from Verizion promoting the unlimited plans and that I should switch to save money and get more data. 

I have 4 phones, 3 watches, and 1 tablet on 16GB.  I pay $195 / month with my corporate discount. 

The cheapest beyond plan would cost me $50 more / month since I can't use my corporate discount. 

Now I do want Disney+ but the difference is only $7 / month so still not worth it. The gap would close completely if I traveled to mexico every month and took advantage of the 5 free travel passes per line but I don't travel that much.

0 Likes
Thejoeb
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree its a garbage policy. What good is the corporate discount if I cant apply it to whatever plan I use? Verizon should be happy that Im choosing their most expensive plan and honor the corporate discount which they have negotiated with my company.

This prevents me from upgrading to unlimited which I would like to do, but will not stomach losing my 20% discount on an already overpriced service.

mama23dogs
Legend

@Thejoeb wrote:

I agree its a garbage policy. What good is the corporate discount if I cant apply it to whatever plan I use? Verizon should be happy that Im choosing their most expensive plan and honor the corporate discount which they have negotiated with my company.

This prevents me from upgrading to unlimited which I would like to do, but will not stomach losing my 20% discount on an already overpriced service.

Sorry, but that's funny, and not true for us.   I came off a 20 gig plan with 5 phone and one tablet, with a 22% discount (100-22 = $78 data), $15 line fees.  $208 total.  Moved to unlimited and lost that 22% and my total bill is $190.  

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

@SORKA95032 wrote:

I occasionally get emails from Verizion promoting the unlimited plans and that I should switch to save money and get more data. 

I have 4 phones, 3 watches, and 1 tablet on 16GB.  I pay $195 / month with my corporate discount. 

The cheapest beyond plan would cost me $50 more / month since I can't use my corporate discount. 

The base price for 'start unlimited' for you would be $190.  You must be in a high tax state if it's another $55 on top of that.  

Now I do want Disney+ but the difference is only $7 / month so still not worth it. The gap would close completely if I traveled to mexico every month and took advantage of the 5 free travel passes per line but I don't travel that much.

0 Likes