No early upgrade--5 days early?
Valeriech1

My official upgrade date is 1/2/14.  The phone I want is at Best Buy, on sale through today at $49.99.  I can buy the same phone through Verizon at $199.99.  BUT because my "official" upgrade date is in five days, I cannot buy my phone at Best Buy.I can spend 4x the cost though--that seems perfectly fine. I have been a customer of Verizon for over 10 years.  Apparently, they changed the system in November and now the contract dates can't be changed. Also, apparently, losing a customer is not a big deal to Verizon.

You will still collect your over-priced monthly service from me, regardless of where I buy my phone.

Right now, I have a line that will expire in March 2014 (this one is dormant), and another one that will expire in October 2015.  I think I'll go to buy my new phone, and switch the active lines to Sprint, and (removed) you, Verizon.  Take me to court. 

Valerie

Comment edited as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: No early upgrade--5 days early?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Valeriech1 - We value your business and would be heartbroken to see you go! We are dedicated to offering you options and I apologize we were unable to change the date as would have been needed since Best Buy is an indirect retailer. I hope that you will reconsider stopping your service.

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport 

0 Likes