No cell service in home
abcadkins
Enthusiast - Level 2

We have had Verizon wireless service for many years and until about a month ago had no issues with service in our home (zip code 43452). However, now calls are constantly dropping, texts refuse to send/receive, etc. while in our home. Nothing has changed in our home, yet our service is abysmal. If we leave our home (go outside, for instance, or go down the road) we have no issues. 
What has changed on your end? This is extremely upsetting as my husband works from home and receives numerous calls/texts related to his employment and constantly has to walk outside to call people back and can't come inside to work and talk/text at the same time. 

Re: No cell service in home
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is your phones capable of wifi calling? 

Has there been any changes between your home and the tower? 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's not our intention to upset you in any way, abcadkins. We do understand the importance of staying connected, especially during these times. In review of your area, we don't show any reported outages. Let's work together to see what is going on and how we can help. Does this happen indoors/outdoors or both? Have there been any recent updates to your device (software related)? Have you downloaded any new applications to the device recently?

TakendraW_VZW

0 Likes
abcadkins
Enthusiast - Level 2

Nothing has changed as far as new apps, etc being installed. The issue is with two different phones on two separate plans. 

Once outdoors, calls and texts come through with little or no disconnected calls. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Abcadkins, I understand how important it is to be able to use your phone while at home.  Many factors outside of Verizon’s control can contribute to indoor performance even in cases where you may have had service in the past. To assist you with having a more consistent indoor experience we have a number of technology solutions available to you.

We have three options we want to go over with you today. HD Voice, Wi-Fi Calling and Network Extenders.

With HD Voice, voice calls are delivered over Verizon’s 4G LTE network instead of the traditional voice network. By turning on HD Voice, you can have access to improved calling experience as well as Wi-Fi calling.

Wi-Fi calling allows you to make and receive calls and send messages even when in a variable coverage area. You have a Wi-Fi calling capable device and can easily turn it on with HD voice. This will expand your calling options and no extra charge.

To ensure that we get these set up for you, what is the make/model of your phone? 

Many factors can contribute to a variable coverage area. The 3G or 4G network extender will enhance your indoor coverage. It plugs into your existing high-speed internet connection to communicate with the Verizon Wireless network. It is difficult to guarantee service within a building, because some materials restrict signals more than others. A network extender functions like a mini cell tower and extends the signal inside your home.

https://www.verizonwireless.com/products/samsung-4g-lte-network-extender-2/  

Have we gone over these options with you before? 

TakendraW_VZW

0 Likes
abcadkins
Enthusiast - Level 2

Two of the three phones effected are models Samsung Galaxy A10e and Samsung Galaxy Note 5. 
Why would I need to buy a network extender at my own expense when *your* network suddenly isn't provided coverage as well as it used to? Any option that won't cost me extra money would be preferrable. 
*EDIT: HD Voice is already enabled on the Samsung Galaxy Note 5, and has been since before this issue started. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

As a valued customer, your service concerns are our concerns, too, and we're here to help you. The network extender option is a great one to have. However, we understand your concerns about having to purchase this unique device at your own expense, and we'd be more than glad to explore this with you.  Since we will need account-specific details from you, we’ll need your permission to gain access. Please check your Inbox as we’ve sent a Private Message to you regarding on this topic:

https://community.verizonwireless.com/inbox

RobertC_VZW

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

That link doesn't work anymore for accessing the private messages on this community forum. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes