Re: No cell service in home
mo-1952-j
Enthusiast - Level 1

I also just recently moved to an area where there is zero cell phone service. It's zip code 25425 - Harpers Ferry, WV.  What if i don't have internet service yet to do the wifi calling?  I have to drive down the road 2 miles to make a call.  If there is no internet, then how would i increase my cell service? Thank you!

rcschnoor
Legend

@mo-1952-j wrote:

I also just recently moved to an area where there is zero cell phone service. It's zip code 25425 - Harpers Ferry, WV.  What if i don't have internet service yet to do the wifi calling?  I have to drive down the road 2 miles to make a call.  If there is no internet, then how would i increase my cell service? Thank you!

Shop for a provider which has better service in the areas you require service? Keep in mind that no single carrier has the best coverage in all locations. If you find a carrier which has better service in your home, it may have less reliable coverage in other areas you frequent.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mo-1952-j,

Congrats on your recent move! Getting service in your home in Harpers Ferry is vital since nobody wants to worry about communication when you need it most. Let's work together and get a solution that meets the need for you without having to drive two miles down the road. I looked up the zip code you provided and I see that there is coverage in the area. Now, when it comes to indoors, we can't guarantee a solid connection because there are variables that come into play, like foliage, construction, population changes, and interference. Now, I know you said you don't have high-speed wireless internet, which is what we would need to use Wi-Fi Calling or utilize a Network Extender.

So, I have a few questions for you. What is the make and model of the phone you are currently using? How is the service for others when they are at your house using their Verizon phones? What signal and bars are you getting?

RyanC_VZW

0 Likes