No cell reception in a 4G LTE coverage area according to coverage map.
SugarSkull74

I've been with Verizon for 20 years now and have always encouraged friends and family to take a look at you before any other cell phone company.  That is, until about 2 years ago when I started having nothing but issues with coverage at work.  I've been working in the same building for 4 years now, approximately 1.5 years ago I started having issues with spotty reception and now I get NO reception while sitting at my desk, yet the coverage map show that this area has 4G LTE coverage (no, there have been no structural changes or new building in or around the area).  I've made numerous calls to Verizon Customer Service and the only solution I have been provided is to go to the nearest store and swap out my SIM card, which has not helped.  Even with wi-fi calling enabled I've missed numerous calls.  If I want to use my phone I need to walk out of the office and half way down the block before getting any bars on my phone (this is including any 1x bars!). Not a lot of fun when it's 114 degrees out.  My co-worker also had Verizon and was experiencing the same issues and has since switched to T-Mobile and has no reception issues.  I'm ready to do the same since it's obvious Verizon does not care to keep its most loyal customers around.  Can you provide a fix, other than swapping out SIM cards again or purchasing an extender, for the reception issue? 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: No cell reception in a 4G LTE coverage area according to coverage map.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SugarSkull74, your loyalty for the last 20 years is appreciated. It's important to us that you have reliable service. However, wireless reception can be challenging indoors due to restrictions caused by the materials that your workplace building was built with. As a result, no wireless provider can guarantee services indoors. Replacing the sim card will refresh the connection of your device on our network. However, let's make sure that the settings on your device are correct. Which make/model phone do you have?

LasinaH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
SugarSkull74

While I understand that services are not guaranteed indoors I do not understand why reception went from great to horrible in a two year span when I'm still sitting in the same office, in the same building and NOTHING has changed (no additions, nothing has been torn down, building material remains the same) in the vicinity.  Now I've noticed that I only get one bar on 1X at home, while the coverage map shows 4G LTE coverage.  My numerous calls to customer service have walked me through every possible fix and has yet to resolve the issues.  The final straw for me was yesterday when I was driving to the airport to pick up my son and he could not get a hold of me to tell me where I could find him.  He tried calling numerous times yet my phone never rang.  When my children cannot reach me (thank goodness it wasn't an emergency situation) it's time to start researching new service providers that can deliver on their coverage.  My 20 years as a loyal customer to Verizon Wireless has come to an end. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SugarSkull74, as a parent, I totally understand the importance of being reachable for your children. You mentioned that you're having issues with dropped calls and fluctuating signal in several places which encourages us to take a closer look at your phone. Usually, changing the sim card is the next best step for resolving this reception issue on your phone. However, this didn't work for you. We'd like to walk you through a few troubleshooting steps to make sure that the settings in your device are correct. Which make/model phone do you have?

LasinaH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes