No calling available but data works
OvalmanPA

I have a new tower within my line of sight of my window here (1 mile away). 4GLTE Moto E phone. 4-5 bars of service. Can send/receive txt messages, browse the web, use Facebook and Instagram, but I can't make a call. Bring up phone, dial number and service drops right to nothing. Any ideas what is wrong?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: No calling available but data works
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having good service in your home is priceless, OvalmanPA. Not all cell towers are Verizon Cell Towers. Have you ever had voice service in your home? Do you get service if you go outside your area? What zip code are you in?

AllisonC_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
OvalmanPA

0 Likes
OvalmanPA

No voice service in my home. Yes if I travel closer to town I have service. A couple others that live here have voice service with their phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

From the zip code I take it you are in the Smethport, PA area. What a nice area to live, OvalmanPA . It’s nice to live in the country. Sometimes service in the country side can be spotty due to terrain issues. That is most likely why there is a new tower. It may not be in service yet. I am sure you will know as soon as it does as your signal will go up. Are you a Verizon Wireless post paid or pre paid customer?

AllisonC_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
OvalmanPA

As posted I have 4-5 bars of 4g service on my phone right now but can't make a call. I'm on pre-paid

0 Likes