No Service?
Moum

I live in Canada half the time, so I decided I would suspend my service while I'm up there, and then just switch SIM cards for when I come back. Upon coming across the border, I put my Verizon SIM in thinking it would work perfectly, but it didn't at all. It constantly says 'No Service' and I can't send any messages or make any calls, not even *228 or *611. I've tried restarting my phone, and switching my SIM card back in and out multiple times, but nothing has worked. I have an iPhone 4s. Help!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: No Service?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

As far as I know, the iPhone 4S doesn't use a SIM card on the Verizon network.  And if you've suspended service, you'll need to call customer service and un-suspend your service to get it working again.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Yep the SIM is not used for Verizon service in the 4s. That is a 3G only phone thus uses CDMA.

0 Likes
Moum

They do use SIM cards, I had Verizon service before moving up there. And I un-suspended it online. It says that the service is reconnected online, but it's still not working.

0 Likes
Moum

I've used a SIM card before though... My phone came with a SIM card, and when I was switching to a Canadian SIM, there was one in there. When I spoke to Verizon about using this, once I unlocked my phone, they said it would work. If that's true however, how then would I get my phone to work?

0 Likes
Not applicable

Verizon 3G phones do not use SIM cards. And if it did you certainly don't dial *228 for phones that use SIM cards. So in any case you need to call Verizon.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Moum, I want to ensure that you're able to reactivate your service. Since you already mentioned reconnecting your suspended service through my Verizon, have you had the chance to dial *228 and select option 1? What happens when you try making this call? The SIM card in your iPhone 4S is a global SIM card so we will not need to activate it since you are currently in the U.S. If you are still unable to connect to the network please go to Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings.

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes