Re: No Roll Over Data Penalizes Us
rcschnoor
Legend

drrjv wrote:

You pointed out the beauty of AT&T's plan. If you don't use the data on month 1, you can use it the following month.

Please see my other comment for detail of my particular situation.

You think it is a beauty, I tend to think it is a backhanded way to provide it without it being of much benefit. It is only beneficial if you alternate from months without overages to months with overages. If you don't, there is no benefit to it at all. Seeing as I have never had an overage, I would be in the camp that it does not provide a benefit.

mama23dogs
Legend

Agreed!  You would have to be paying for more than you need all the time to get any rollover when you need it.

No matter what carrier you have, the answer is to have a data plan that is large enough to cover your use.

I Bought a Nexus 6p, so I looked into Fi.   It's coverage is questionable, and it wouldnt save me a dime because I use enough to data to rack up large charges.  Basically, the per GB charge on my shared plan is much lower.

drrjv
Enthusiast - Level 2

As I stated, my usage does vary month to month so having a roll over plan would be a huge benefit to me and many others.

I have both Verizon and AT&T accounts (both needed as I live in an area with no broadband and sometimes Verizon and sometimes AT&T are not working) and I can tell you the AT&T account is much easier to manage data on a monthly basis.

With Verizon, I never get to use my full 40 GB as I have to unplug beforehand to avoid overcharges (and yes, I have the 75% and 90% alert set.) I end up losing 3-5 GB monthly (so I really have a 35 GB plan!)

Maybe the FTC or FCC should look into this? Hope some day, Verizon will see to treating their customers better with service options that help

Tidbits
Legend

drrjv wrote:

Maybe the FTC or FCC should look into this? Hope some day, Verizon will see to treating their customers better with service options that help

That on it's own is against their reach and illegal to force another company to offer what another company offers.  This is the very reason why we can't have nice things.

You say it yourself.  You have both Verizon and AT&T accounts.  If AT&T works out better for you then drop your Verizon line.  If enough people do this then it will affect the company and they will have to do some changes.

mama23dogs
Legend

While your tilting at windmills, are you going to complain we don't have Binge on like T-mobile or an "all in" plan like Sprint, or a new unlimited data offer with TV service like ATT?  Or that the numerous prepaid carriers should be selling phones on payment plans?

THe FCC and FTC will circular file a complaint like that.

sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Does anybody else realize that the OP is asking for rollover on a Home Fusion account? AT&T doesn't offer this service, do they? Also, isn't the rollover that AT&T offers only available on the smartphone/tablet plans? They're two different services.

drrjv
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks - glad someone is listening.

I have to keep both Verizon and ATT because 1. Sometimes one will go down and I'll have to use the other and 2. I don't have enough data on either plan to cover my needs (and I can't increase because I have a much cheaper plan that is no longer offered.)

I do wonder if a smart lawyer could file a class action suit against Verizon because the way they have it set up now makes it very difficult to use one's whole data allotment.

Maybe I Better Call Saul - Better Call Saul - AMC

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Good luck with that. You can not sue over what a business offers because another business offers something different. That's like me suing McDonald's because they don't sell Hershey pies like Burger King does...

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Drrjv, we appreciate your feedback and loyalty to us. We want to make sure you are on the best plan to suit your needs. When our plans change, we offer our customers the option of keeping their current plan, because it would not be right to take away what is theirs. Our newer plans are structured to save you more money, and have many more discounts and promotions, because they are more current. Have you had you account assessed yet? How long have you been having service issues?

We have an awesome feature called Family base that will allow you to set your data limit, and receive secondary data alerts through text. I use it for my family and it works wonders. Check it out here> http://vz.to/1NBKi4p

MarcusS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

mama23dogs
Legend

ATT does sell mifi, but it's hardly equal to home fusion.

JUst because sprmankalel was listening, does not mean the argument has wheels.  It does not.

download a data meter or figure out how to manage your use to get the most out of it.

You still pay for a full glass of wine, even if you don't finish it....