No Promised Service In New Zealand!
deeteedub
Enthusiast - Level 2

Over a month ago I logged into my account and added a month's worth of international service for my trip to New Zealand.  I have elderly parents that need to be able to get a hold of me when I'm away.  I also called customer service a week ago to verify this and was told I was all set and ready to go.  Guess what?  Here I am on my second day in NZ and NO SERVICE!  And now I find out that you can't even email customer service directly anymore!  I can't call customer service because my bloody phone doesn't work!  This is now the FOURTH TIME this has happened!  Verizon screwed it up the same way when I went to Norway ... and then Ireland ... and then Italy ... and now New Zealand!  I'm sick of this.

If somebody from the laughable department known as CUSTOMER SERVICE is actually reading this, here is my phone number: (removed).  TURN ON MY BLOODY PHONE!!!

>>Personal information removed to comply with the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service<<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: No Promised Service In New Zealand!
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I would suggest that you contact the global support number. http://www.verizonwireless.com/wcms/global/support.html

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I would suggest that you contact the global support number. http://www.verizonwireless.com/wcms/global/support.html

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
deeteedub
Enthusiast - Level 2

And how do I contact Global Support when my phone doesn't work?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Use a landline and the calling card info given the link above.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Deeteedub, let's get your service working so that you can enjoy your trip! You do need current software on your Galaxy S III to make sure that global service is available. What software and baseband version do you have in Settings, About Phone? Make sure that global service is turned on in Settings, Mobile data, Preferred network. Make sure the phone is set to Global. If it is already set to global, try changing to GSM/UMTS. Reboot.

Let me know if you need further assistance.

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
deeteedub
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well, my phone decided to start working yesterday. Four days after it was scheduled to! But wait ... the phone works, but NOT my data plan! I can't access the internet or text messages. Which also means that NONE of the travel apps that I have can be used. No maps. No tourist guides. No prepaid ticket purchase proofs. No boarding passes.

And this is not the first time I've been through this. First it was my trip to Norway, then Ireland, then Italy and now New Zealand! This would be laughably comical if I didn't have elderly parents that need to be able to get a hold of me in case of emergency.

But make no mistake ... Verizon Global Service is a joke. A big FAT joke. Somebody better refund every cent of this so-called Global Service Plan I'm paying for.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

deeteedub, this isn't a laughing matter to us. It's important to us that you continuously have working service. We apologize that we cannot guarantee service overseas in Norway, Ireland, Italy, and New Zealand as these countries are not apart of our network. However, we do have an agreement with those international carriers to allow you to connect to their network while you're traveling there. Did you make sure that your device was set up for global use in the settings? Which make/model phone do you have?

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
deeteedub
Enthusiast - Level 2

Of course I did. I'm not a moron. And I ended up having to do this same back-and-forth then too. First I was using the GLOBAL Droid X and now the S3.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the additional details deeteedub! We want to get to the bottom of this and we're making sure all the basic steps are covered. While both are global ready, the settings still have to be correct. Is your Global Data Roaming Access set to allow all trips? What error messages did you get when attempting to use it?

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

0 Likes