Highlighted

Re: No Longer Grandfathering Unlimited Data Plan

Sprint has a much better option now.  Everything unlimited with better talk options and they even trade in/buy current phone to help with the transfer.  I Just bought two phones so Ill see how long this promo with Sprint lasts.  The only problem with me is I like the slider phones I got and they dont have one that is in line with this one.  So, for your sake, try out Sprint cas they are much more cost efficient and they seem not to jerk people around as much.  The Lord's blessing over you

0 Likes

If a "dumb phone" can not have a data plan, then why every time I try to make a change to my account online does it choke and want me to select a data plan for my daughters Samsung Alias 2??? Not exactly a smart phone.....

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Highlighted

Well IM sure they told you that type of phone is basicall useless without data plan.  thats a different subject

>>Personal information and E-mail headers/content removed to comply with

Please remove personal information before posting<<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Highlighted

This site is new to me but maybe you can help. There is a lot of conflicting info about being grandfathered intothe unlimited data. My contract has been up for a while and I have been paying month to month because I didn't want to lose my unlimited. Now if I get a phone off ebay and activate will I still have the unlimited? Customer service said yes, but sometimes its a different answer depending on who you talk to. If this isn't in the right place sorry....

Thanks 🙂

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

jseven wrote:

Now if I get a phone off ebay and activate will I still have the unlimited?

yes

You'll lose your unlimited if you sign a new two-year contract.

0 Likes
Highlighted

As long as you just stay with what you have, you should be ok.  Only if you change anything is when you can't go back.  That was my mistake but I had no way of knowing back then.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Not applicable

Tiki's reply was correct. As long as you don't buy any subsidize phone you don't lose unlimited.

Buy your phone anywhere and just put the new esn/meid number in for the new phone on the line.

Good Luck

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there mtwalleye,

We appreciate your continued support over the past 15 years and we would like to continue our relationship for many years to come.  Of course we want to keep our customers, there the reason that we have become the company we have become today.

It's just not realistic to offer unlimited data anymore.  The number of smartphone users is increasing daily.  If everyone had the unlimited data plan the heavy users would clog up the data network and slow down the speeds for everyone. We want everyone to experience the blazing fast speeds that we advertise and the best way to do that is usage based pricing.  Also, keep in mind that WiFi does not use from your data allowance so that is the best way to manage your plan.

95% of our customers use less than 2 GB of data. How much do you use? Do you connect to WiFi where available. Run an account analysis,http://bit.ly/11YUqNu, to view your usage and to view plan suggestions.

NicholasB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Highlighted

Not applicable

<Verizon Wrote>

We want everyone to experience the blazing fast speeds that we advertise and the best way to do that is usage based pricing.

<Reply>

Charging more for data does not unclog anything. It just puts more money in Verizon Wireless pockets. True unlimited for everyone was viable when the users were light. Now with a gazillion customers I can see how data is a big issue. But having people pay through the nose for it is not a real good solution. It is a fact it costs pennies for the carriers and they in turn are gouging the customer base. And being spoon fed that statement you wrote above.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Consumers have to do their homework in this modern day age. How I know that unlimited is out, beats me; but, it came from reading up on all mediums about various wireless services. I have purchased my last three phones, HTC Thunderbolt, Nokia Lumia 822 and BlackBerry Q10 and a DNA for other line on account at cost to avoid a change in plan. To blame VZW for something you didn't know about plan change might be a tad unfair.

0 Likes
Covid19