No 4G since kit kat update
cassqrd
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a Galaxy S4, updated to Kit Kat on April 25th. Since then my 4G service has been horrible, if I get it at all. I'm usually on 3g or 1x, only one bar, sometimes roaming or no service at all. Called tech support, had me pull the battery and SIM card. After that I went and got a new SIM card. I just did a factory reset, that didn't help either.  It seems that the soft reset helps, but only temporarily. After a while I'm back to crappy reception again. Are there phone settings that I need to change (APN, network settings, etc.) that got messed up with the update?  PLEASE help!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: No 4G since kit kat update
pherson
Champion - Level 1

Is this the same kit kat people were demanding verizon would put out there and that there needed to be no testing with verizon network? 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's ensure you're able to hop back on the LTE highway! After completing the hard reset were all applications restored right away? I would suggest testing in Safe Mode to ensure that applications are not running while you test out LTE connectivity. http://vz.to/1r0L3KB .

YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
cassqrd
Enthusiast - Level 2

I went for a day without installing anything, and since have only installed

a couple (Facebook, Pandora, eBay) that I had long before any problems

started.

On May 10, 2014 7:02 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello cassqrd,

Are you still having issues with the 4G data connection? What type of service indicator is showing on your device?

WarrenM_VZWSupport
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
cassqrd
Enthusiast - Level 2

I called customer service and they are sending me a new device since I am

still under warranty. I will update this thread when I try it out.

On May 17, 2014 11:07 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes