New "unlimited" service?
DuginAZ
Enthusiast - Level 2

12 Year Customer 4 lines Never missed a payment just switched to unlimited plan day one it came out. Been in same home 12 years now my service across all my devices is only 1mps download Exactly. Use to be 27mps to 32mps depending where I am at in my home. Also We have only 1x instead of LTE or 3G making it impossible to access high speed. ive called level II and III support spent hours resetting, following all of the Techs commands etc. Service ticket on cell site near me revealed "Normal Operation" ALSO SEVERAL PEOPLE I know on Verizon has went thru same thing. I realize and understand we will be throttled at 22gb per line, but we haven't used but 2 gb for the total account. Also two IPhone SEs I bought at full price from apple last year now say "under 2 year agreement" What the heck is that now? Says I can "only upgrade at full retail price" instead of "upgrade available". Are you trying to run long time, trouble free, always pay on time customers away? well its working. I feel like Verizon is trying . All CSRs in last two weeks have insisted nothing has changed. Thats bologna! I wouldn't be spending hours searching through forums for answers.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: New "unlimited" service?
rcschnoor
Legend

You can't only have 1x instead of 4G LTE because 1Mbps is faster than 3G speeds(600 kbps) and 2G speeds(128 kbps).

Changing plans does not put your lines under contract but instead Verizon has done away with them and ALL devices must be purchased at full price now, either up front or on payments.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Why are you not using WiFi when in your home anyway?

0 Likes
mflandshark
Contributor - Level 3

Verizon simply doesn't do 2 year contracts anymore only full retail price or the device payment program. As for you signal issues I would call in to see what gives and troubleshoot the phones (I know its redundant because its not just one of the lines.) Tech might be able to find something obstructing the signal and it might even be something in your area.

If nothing pulls threw with that I would suggest a network extender, it works for me and gives me 4g lte at home.

0 Likes
DuginAZ
Enthusiast - Level 2

Because we have no wifi here in the middle of the desert. Sat is as slow as dial up sometimes. So we rely on Verizon. But anyway Verizon told me after the whole account total gets to 22GB every device is at the back of the line waiting on a data connection if there is heavy traffic. Since we have only one tower here.......

0 Likes
DuginAZ
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes we have been throttled Verizon told me today. Once the data hits 22GB on the "whole" account we are put to the back of the line so to speak on data. I do get higher speeds in off peak hours though Like around midnight. Latency is really high now. Verizon level 3 tech mentioned traffic on my tower is up from 35% capacity to 99% capacity. Several People are switching to Verizon because of the new plans. The trick is we turn off "LTE" and use 3G from the recommendation of the tech. There is like no one on the 3G nodes anymore since every is fighting for LTE. But still 3G unlimited is fine for our use. Thanks for your answer.

0 Likes
DuginAZ
Enthusiast - Level 2

We have full signals. Thanks. It's related to use. At 22GB on my whole 6 line account. We are put to the back of the line so too speak for data speeds. Which seems to be very accurate. At midnight we have 32mps down and 5mps up. During 6 to 9 pm we are down to 1mps or less on LTE. Even .47mps one time. Verizon tech was brilliant in recommending we switch of LTE once we hit the 22GB and use 3G. since no one is on 3G anymore we are able to obtain instant data (no latency) and 2mps down and 1 mps up. Which is sufficient for each device. Thanks for reply..

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Sounds like several others that use the same tower as you have decide the same as you - use Verizon as the home internet source. This plan was not intended as home internet replacement, and Verizon has been up front about that on this forum. I hope the others that are using the tower don't figure out your work around, otherwise 3G will become overloaded very quickly also.

DuginAZ
Enthusiast - Level 2

Very True. My Ranch is close to the Mexican Border. We have two towers here providing a population of 46,000 service. Landlines, median com cable etc has left town. Not enough subscribers. T-Mobile has a tower here but Mexicans using Telcel, roam on T-Mobile. Also Verizon has no assets here sadly. They buy a 1TB uplink from American Tower Corp. unlimited plan is nice. The home solution wifi and landline is intended to compete and has (at least here) lured people from century link which here in the rural scan only provide old school ISDN (128kps) saying my place lies to far from the closest installed "Dslam" base. Some helpful info, Verizon is letting me have our old 100GB plan back. Yes it's more exspensive but we get our priority back. Thanks for reply!

0 Likes
jasondio28

can someone answers this i bought a galaxy s3 frontier watch from tmobile. verizon dint have them at time. now i believe they do question is can i use the LTE on verizon basical switch service to verizon so i dont have to use just blue tooth

0 Likes