New "safety mode" with Family Control limits
nick_jensen25

I have 5 lines on my account. 3 of them have data limits under Family Controls. Does anyone know if one of those lines hits its limit, will "safety mode" apply and still allow low-speed access (128kpbs from what I hear)? Or will safety mode only apply to unlimited lines on the account?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: New "safety mode" with Family Control limits
rcschnoor
Legend

It is my understanding that "safety mode" applies when the full data allowance for the account has been reached.

Say you have 1 account with 5 lines and 16 GB of data, with 3 lines on the account limited via FamilyBase to 3 GB/month each. The way I read it, "safety mode" only takes effect when you have used up all 16 GB of your account data allowance. "Safety mode" keeps you from incurring overage charges on your account by throttling your data usage ABOVE your 16 GB allowance to 128kbps but lets you use as much data as you want without overage charges. If you don't activate "safety mode", you will still have full speed data but get charged for overages at the rate of $15/GB.

If some/all of the lines on the account have used up their data allottment but the full account data allowance of 16 GB had not yet been reached, "safety mode" should therefore not kick in on any of the lines. Once the full 16 GB has been used, "safety mode" would be active on all lines if it was turned on, but I can only assume FamilyBase which you pay extra for would STILL prevent the other lines from using data. Time will tell when these new rates are released and we hear from those who use FamilyBase.

Re: New "safety mode" with Family Control limits
DIVINEST3
Enthusiast - Level 2

Family base limits are in effect regardless if Safety Mode is enabled or not, if anything to grant faster faster data to other lines prior to it kicking in. Hope this helps.

0 Likes