New overage charges
DrWino

I have never gone over my plan's data in more than ten years with Verizon. Now, suddenly, my Nov 2016 bill is $45 over my usual amount.  I called the Verizon support phone number but did not receive very good "customer service" after waiting on hold for more than ten minutes.  Does anyone else notice big sudden jumps in their Verizon bills?  Has Verizon helped you in any way?  Has anyone considered changing changing companies because of recent overages or poor customer-focused skills?  Thank you!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: New overage charges
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you compared the date usage on the bill with the data counter on the phone itself?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Do you mean poor customer service as in you didn't get the answer you wanted?

Maybe you did use the data?

mflandshark
Contributor - Level 3

As for the wait your probably going to get that anywhere you call this time of year. Plus there's lots of reasons this time of year that you would use more data than normal (traveling, family dinners, shopping trips).

The data wouldn't be on the bill if you didn't actually use it; it might have been an accident or something running the background of your phone but the account DID use it some how or another.

Any other carrier is going to bill you for data overages as well if you have a limited plan or throttle you if you have unlimited, there is no way to get away from that.

If you want to stop this from happening in the future keep an eye on your data, turn on safety mode if you have the new Verizon plan or set up family base limits for a hard stop.

0 Likes