New computer not accepting device
gmagg
Contributor - Level 1

I just set up a new Dell Desktop.  I am now typing on my HP which accepts my UML295.  The Dell will not.  I have downloaded the newest broadband manager software and installed it on the Dell and am only getting very long error message when I attempt to install it.

This is the error message:

The cabinet file '_37406D2F94186DF0ADC9A9196990734D required  for this installation is corrupt and cannot be used.  This could indicate a network error, an error reading from the CD-ROM or a problem with this package.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: New computer not accepting device
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

I should have included some instructions on how to check it. Plug in the device and then...click start, search for "device manager" and see if the device shows up in the list; I think it would be located towards the bottom and make sure there aren't any unusual symbols next to it. I'd also compare the software that is installed on each computer, make sure they are the same. It could be that it needs an update.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

I don't know much about the UML295, but are you trying to install the software from a CD? Or downloading it directly from a website?

http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-72600/

While I'm sure you know how to install it, I found this link and noticed that it only says Windows 8 and not Windows 8.1 - could be a factor if that's what you're running on the Dell Desktop.

0 Likes
gmagg
Contributor - Level 1

Thank you.  The new computer is Windows 7

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Does the software install from plugging in the UML295, from a CD or do you download it?

0 Likes
gmagg
Contributor - Level 1

This is a plug and play device.  It should not have to install with a CD but it was not accepting the plug in way.  Now it is showing up on the new computer (the broadband manager is)  and it does let me connect it but the computer is not accepting it - at least Internet Explorer is not.  I can't get on line to use another browzer because of this. It works on the computer I am on now - the old one. 

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Is the HP also running windows 7? It sounds more like a computer issue than an issue with device; all plug and play devices; mice, gaming controllers etc. will automatically download and install software using the internet. For you that's different because your internet is the plug and play. Is there a way to check through the broadband manager to make sure your software is up to date?

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

I should have included some instructions on how to check it. Plug in the device and then...click start, search for "device manager" and see if the device shows up in the list; I think it would be located towards the bottom and make sure there aren't any unusual symbols next to it. I'd also compare the software that is installed on each computer, make sure they are the same. It could be that it needs an update.

0 Likes