Re: New Verizon Wireless Plans Effective August 13, 2015
Cluelessinflorida

So, after finding out today about the upcoming changes... What should I do?  I have old plan and no smart phone.  I can renew 2 yr contract and get Iphone 6 for 199.00 and upgrade to a data plan...2gig for single plan for $75/mo. Or..??

0 Likes
Increasingly_frustrat

Well I just checked my plan and I was automatically switched to $40 for each smartphone instead of the discounted rate I had been previously paying.  So I didn't get to keep my plan at all and I have been a wireless customer for many years.  I have a feeling that this will end up an anti-trust lawsuit and they are hoping to confuse us for long enough to get as much money as possible.  After they lied and said I could keep my plan and without telling me my plan had changed I'm switching to a different carrier.  If I have to pay more then it will be to someone who is at least upfront and honest about it.

0 Likes
deloused
Master - Level 3

Increasingly frustrated, they cannot make changes to your account without notification or request. It sounds like you might be looking at your line charge of $40 which sounds correct, but forgetting to look at the features section of your account to view the added discount.

0 Likes
Increasingly_frustrat

I wish that I was, however I was receiving a discount on my phones of $15 from the $40 fee.  I get that they are "suppose" to notify you if they make changes, however did anyone get notification of the changes that will take effect on the 13th of August?  No.  I found obscure articles tucked away in online newspapers.  They didn't want anyone to know that they were going to do this until it was already in effect.  That's the bottom line.

Personal Information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message was edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
deloused
Master - Level 3

Of course they want everyone to know about the changes, that's why Verizon issued a press release announcing them so that there could be articles about the changes. It is not some sort of conspiracy. Nothing will change on anyone's account until they do it themselves. Based on your post you said you looked at your 'plan'. Line discounts never appear on the 'plan', they appear as a feature in the feature section. You'd have to look elsewhere to see the discounts if they are there or not.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Same talk when Share Everything started 3 years ago. Some people saved. Some didn't. Some it cost more. However over the last 3 years More Everything became a better option than staying on the old Nationwide plans. Fact is unless you're on an unlimited data plan no reason to be on Nationwide. Especially if you're out of contract.Same thing will happen here. Over time Verizon will make pricing adjustments and offer specials to encourage people to come over to the new plans. I bet before the end of the year they'll already be running a special.

Not sure how accurate it is but I read somewhere where the pricing for higher tiers will be $120 for 20 GB. A 25 GB plan for $175 and the 30 GB-100 GB plans will remain the same price. If that's the case other than the 20 GB plan the rest make no sense. for example if I wanted 5 lines with 20 GB each. It's cheaper to get 5 individual lines for $140 each or $700 total than to get the 100 GB plan for $850 for 5 lines. Five 6 GB plans is cheaper than a 30 GB plan with 5 lines. Someone at Verizon failed math. It seems these new plans are geared to encourage smaller data users to switch or encourage people to use LESS. That seems to be the opposite of what you'd think Verizon would want. You'd think they'd want people to sign up for HIGHER data plans not lower ones. I'm sure as heck not paying $5 more for 3 GB less. Verizon should have left the $15 line fee in place for 12 GB and higher plans.

Also it seems since these are no contact plans that Verizon shouldn't be asking for security deposits anymore and not requiring 1 year contracts on AOLs.

0 Likes
june1234
Enthusiast - Level 3

That's because the monthly line access  fee gets bumped up when you switch the new plan. Just  a VZ marketing  gimmick. VZ and all the media outlets release "No more 2 yr contracts"on August 7 with  an August 13 grand opening. By the time many find out they are paying the same thing they were paying under their old plans and are still under contract  with VZ (for the hardware vs.the plan) VZ has re-upped millions. Just VZ marketing

0 Likes
LizHarvey
Enthusiast - Level 1

I cannot explain how much I hate this change. I think it is a terrible decision on Verizon's part.

lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

I know you said you can't explain how much you hate the change, but please try so we can help calm the masses.

0 Likes
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

june1234 wrote:

That's because the monthly line access  fee gets bumped up when you switch the new plan. Just  a VZ marketing  gimmick. VZ and all the media outlets release "No more 2 yr contracts"on August 7 with  an August 13 grand opening. By the time many find out they are paying the same thing they were paying under their old plans and are still under contract  with VZ (for the hardware vs.the plan) VZ has re-upped millions. Just VZ marketing

NNobody's getting switched without their knowledge. Everybody take a deep breath.

0 Likes