Re: New Verizon Wireless Plans Effective August 13, 2015
Weth
Legend

It doesn't work that way. The data is shared, so it is $45 for 3 GB data shared among all lines on the account.

The closest to your current is the XL plan - 5 phones x $20 for access, and $80 for 12 GB data shared.

$180 total.

So for you $5 more and 3 GB less data.

sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

I knew that the $25 discount would go away eventually. That wasn't going to stay forever.

That XL Plan is crap. I have a 30GB data plan and I struggle to keep my family UNDER 30GB every month. We would blow through that 12GB in no time.

I can't wait to see what these board will look like next week as people try to upgrade.

Who wants to take bets? We will see....

Why do I have to change my plan to get a new phone?

Why do I have to pay a monthly payment?

Why can't I get a phone for $200?

I said that the 2yr contract option would be gone by the end of this year. This will be fun.

Snn5
Legend

I hope they either lower the Prepaid plan costs or increase the data.  There are a couple instances where being postpaid might actually be less or near to even as prepaid.

warren3mack
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks Verizon, I'll be taking my 6 lines elsewhere.

sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

They'll all end up like this. They always do.

0 Likes
sleffrey
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have 5 lines:  2 basic + 3 smartphones.  I'm not on Edge or More Everything and pay $232/month.  What will my plan look like after August 13th?  I see Verizon's chat is down too.  It would be nice to have a plan comparison prior to the change.

deloused
Master - Level 3

Your plan will remain exactly the same unless you decide to make any changes

JennRott
Enthusiast - Level 2

My son and I share 3 GB on a plan and pay $132 a month.  Just upgraded our smartphones in June, my son has a 2 yr contract and mine is on the Edge program. We got screwed around so much during the upgrade, was quoted an amount 3 times and then found out that our monthly bill was actually going to to higher. Wonder how this new contract stuff will change my bill? Not looking forward to dealing with customer service again!

Weth
Legend

You will not need to change.  In fact, since your son is on a 2 year contract he can't change until his contract is up.  When you can change, the cost for service for 2 smartphones and 3GB data will be $85.  The payment for any new phones you get will be in addition to above. Phones from now on will be full cost divided into 24 monthly payments and separate from cell service.

mama23dogs
Legend

It's a good thing I buy my phones at full price anyway.  No way do I want to give up my 30 GBS for $130 a month And my $15 line fees.