Re: New Verizon Visa credit card for Auto Pay
madacan
Enthusiast - Level 2

StevenA6: No prob. Thanks for your advice.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

With regard to the offer it does not matter if you already have the Unlimited plan or the military discount. However, with the auto pay discount you would not be able to have both discounts added at the same time. You can cancel the auto pay to get the $10 offer or keep your existing auto pay discount. With regard to the promotional offer we do not have a set date for this to expire just yet. Does this make sense? JasperM_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

madacan, we always want to make sure that you can get the best assistance when it comes to signing up for a discount as well as the Verizon Visa Card. You  are eligible to enroll in a discount for your Verizon Wireless plan while also enrolling for the Visa Card. For first time enrollment on the card, you can also qualify for a discount. More can be learned here: 

https://www.verizon.com/support/verizon-visa-card-faqs/

JoseL_VZW

0 Likes
GendoIkari

I am still confused about this same issue. The fine print says:

Verizon customers currently enrolled in Auto Pay and paper-free billing via other methods (e.g., ACH or debit card) will not receive additional discounts for re-enrolling using the card.

This seems to imply that because I am currently enrolled in Auto Pay, I would not be able to get the $10 per line discount if I get the new Verizon credit card. Is this correct? Or is it just meaning to say that you cannot combine the new $10 per line discount with other Auto Pay discounts you may be receiving?

Related; I have always used my bank account for Auto Pay; and as far as I can tell I have never been receiving an Auto Pay discount for doing so. I hadn't heard of this before today; but it looks like I should have been receiving a discount this whole time?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

@GendoIkari

Are you enrolled in both autopay and paperless billing? You need to be enrolled in both to qualify for the discount. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
GendoIkari

Yes we are. We have the "New Verizon 4GB" shared data plan. I don't see it listed here https://www.verizon.com/support/auto-pay-faqs/ under the list of eligible plans, so it may just be that our plan doesn't qualify for that discount. However, that doesn't seem to answer the question about the new Verizon Credit Card... I don't see any information in the Credit Card info or small print about what plans are eligible or not.

Is the $10 per line discount being advertised on the Credit Card really just saying "with this card you can get the same discount you get when you pay with bank or debt cards; but you can now get it paying with this credit card instead"? Or is it a separate $10 per line discount that you get for using the new Credit Card (which can't be combined with the other Auto Pay discount)?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Since your current plan isn't listed as an eligible plan, you won't qualify for the discount even if you decide to get the Verizon Visa card. 

For example, I wouldn't get the full $10 off either because my current plan restricts the autopay and paperless billing discount to $5 per month. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
StevenA6
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have spoken to someone in Customer Service who said that the AutoPay discount is only for the Unlimited plans. It should be made more clear.

Regarding the $10 AutoPay discount, if you are already receiving a $5 per line discount like I am, you will not get an additional $10 per line discount.

0 Likes
StevenA6
Enthusiast - Level 2

Madacan,

When I was replying to you previously I wanted to edit my answer, so I clicked on the "Correct Answer" button thinking I would be able to edit my answer. Instead, It was marked as a "Solution.'
My apologies.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

@StevenA6

FYI, there is a five minute edit window for posts you write on this community forum. After that, only a moderator can edit the posts.

As the OP, you should be able to unmark the post you mistakenly chose as the answer and then select another post as an answer to your original question. 

0 Likes