New Verizon Visa credit card for Auto Pay
StevenA6
Enthusiast - Level 2

I currently have the 55+ Loyalty Plan which requires a debit card for AutoPay to get the $5 off per line discount. If I get the new Verizon Visa credit card, will I be able to pay my bill with the card and receive my discount?

I went into the Manage Payment section of the Bill tab and it does list the Verizon Visa card as a payment option, but I do not want to lose the discount.

Does anybody have an answer?

Thanks.

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: New Verizon Visa credit card for Auto Pay
StevenA6
Enthusiast - Level 2

Madacan,

You may already be receiving a discount per line because you are enrolled in AutoPay. I don't think that you would receive an additional $10 discount per line if you added the Verizon Visa credit card to be used for your AutoPay.

I would call customer service and verify with them.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It's a credit card and therefore doesn't qualify for the autopay and paperless billing discount. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

j7777
Enthusiast - Level 1

I received an email the other day and it stated:

No other credit card saves you money on your Verizon Wireless bill.

Get up to $10 per month off each eligible account or line when you use your card to enroll in Verizon's Auto Pay,* up to 10 lines max on select plans. And the card comes with no annual fee.** Period.

Unfortunately, when you read the fine print...it says that if you are already enrolled in AutoPay then it wouldn't apply to you.  Who still sends checks in this day and age???

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

StevenA6, knowing what your options are for payment and discounts is important, and we are here to help! You can use the new Verizon Credit Card as an option with Auto Pay to still receive your Auto Pay discount. This is unique because this will be the first credit card to qualify! If you would like to learn more about the card, please check out this link: https://www.verizon.com/solutions-and-services/verizon-visa-card/. If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask us. StanleyC_VZW

Viktor54

Not true. You can add the card to your payment options to pay your wireless bill and use it to enroll in autopay.

0 Likes
madacan
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have some specific questions about this New Verizon Visa Card offer I received in the mail.

1. I already subscribe to Go Unlimited for three lines and receive military discount of $40 for the entire package (I am a military veteran). 

2. In the fine print on the back of the Verizon Visa mail flyer, it says it's for "first time enrollees." I am already enrolled for paperless billing and AutoPay via another credit card. Does this make me ineligible for the $10 per line per month discount if I enroll in AutoPay with the Verizon Card?

3. If I am ineligible based on #3 above, can I simply disenroll from AutoPay now, apply for the card, then re-enroll for AutoPay using the New Verizon Visa? Specifically: I am permanently ineligible, or is there an ineligibility exclusion period, such as: I should be disenrolled from autopay for one year, or other period of time?

4. When does the Application offer expire?

0 Likes
StevenA6
Enthusiast - Level 2

Madacan,

You may already be receiving a discount per line because you are enrolled in AutoPay. I don't think that you would receive an additional $10 discount per line if you added the Verizon Visa credit card to be used for your AutoPay.

I would call customer service and verify with them.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Actually they shouldn't have been receiving the autopay discount because they had indicated they were paying their bill with a credit card. Payments with a credit card don't qualify for the discount. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
madacan
Enthusiast - Level 2

StevenA6: Unfortunately your response does not answer my question,  so I don’t know why it was marked as a “solution.” My $40 discount comes directly from my veteran status only and indicates so on my monthly billing statement; I receive no discount for AutoPay enrollment. I would like a Verizon employee/moderator to tell me for sure, yes or no, whether I can qualify for a discount if I apply for the Verizon Visa Card. This is the make it or break it question for whether I will apply for this card. Thanks.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The OP as the creator of this thread can mark any post as the answer. Since you, madacan, aren't the OP you unfortunately don't have control over which posts are marked as the answer. 

As for your question about applying for the Verizon Visa card, a VZW rep already answered your question in an earlier post within this discussion thread. The Verizon Visa card is so new even to me that I wasn't aware of it too including how using it could apply to the autopay and paperless billing discount. 

0 Likes