Re: New Verizon Data Plan?
JEFRAN13
Enthusiast - Level 3

Not once was I informed of the 10gb limit when I signed up over the phone and you have to really search the Verizon sites to find that out.  I have almost no ability to use email or internet on 3G once it was enacted. 

0 Likes
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

JOANSGARDEN wrote:

Sorry but no. I tried that. Using your phone as a hotspot counts towards the 10GB data that the mifi gets.

Not true. Each device gets 10GB.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jefran13, we apologize if you didn't receive a proper explanation of the unlimited data plan when you reached out to us. The 10GB allowance you are referring to is for internet connection devices and tablets. What do you normally use your data for? What device are you using to connect to the network?

MarcusS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
JEFRAN13
Enthusiast - Level 3

I did receive proper exclamation after the fact regardless, I get little to no use out of my cantenna after degrading

Boyd

Incorporated

Jeff [Removed]

personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can understand how this has been a concern for you as a customer. We would never want to mislead or refrain from providing information to our customers. With regards to our unlimited plan we have the details of the plan online for our customers to review. Here is the link to review http://vz.to/2kLJBku.

JasperM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JOANSGARDEN
Enthusiast - Level 2

That link goes to an error page

0 Likes
JEFRAN13
Enthusiast - Level 3

I understand the potion you are in but this totally evades my question is my Home Fusion equipment even capable of 3G

And yes the link has an error

0 Likes
sdianel
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am also very unhappy with the "Unlimited" plan.  After 10GB it goes to 3G which is useless.  The "Large" plan only allows for 8GB without $15 overage per 1GB!   We have 4 devices on our plan.  Most devices don't use much data but I use my MiFi for my laptop which uses quite a bit of data.  I should have never changed my plan. I saved a few dollars but the "Unlimited" plan is awful!!  I am looking at other providers. 

JOANSGARDEN
Enthusiast - Level 2

sdianel, it's all very confusing and I think Verizon is changing the rules as they go. I have a mifi and 2 phones on my account. I tried using a phone as a hotspot right after I heard that there was a 10gb limit on data, hoping that the phone would get it's own 10gb, but my usage report showed all the data coming off the mifi and not off the phone.

After I used up the 10gb on my mifi and virtually lost all data service I complained to Verizon and no one there mentioned that I could use my phone as a hotspot. So I thought I was totally out of luck, but then on this forum someone said that you can use your phone and that each one has it's own 10gb hotspsot limit.

I tried again with the phone and sure enough, now it's working as a hotspot. I'd swear it wasn't before. But anyway that means (I think) that I have 10gb hotspot for each phone and 10gb for the mifi. It's a bit inconvenient having to keep the phone on the charger while I use the laptop, but it does work.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JOANSGARDEN- we apologize for the confusion. However, you are absolutely right, you have 10GB of 4G speeds on your Mobile Hotspot and Mi-Fi and then it is reduced down to 3G speeds. Are there any further questions or concerns that we can assist you with?

YeseniaV_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes