New Verizon Customer
hstine82

Switched from At&t back to Verizon

bought Samsung S4 back in June as (it was all they had in stock online) signed a 2 yr deal to get a defective phone. The phone has now been swapped 2 times with Verizon in 3 months. The phone keeps overheating and i cant store any apps on the phone as (Verizon) is saying its the apps, when on Samsung forum its a known problem with the phones. Whats going to happen is the phone will continue to overheat like it did this morning and was so hot it melted candy sitting in the dish with the phone on top of the glass dish. (lucky it didnt start a fire) Verizon will NOT stand behind there products and wont help me, We have called 14 times now on this phone and keep getting the run around. I spoke to Samsung directly and they also cant help unless i want to go without my phone for 2 to 3 weeks. This is such bull as no one wants to help. I spoke to the retention department (they mistakenly hung up on me and wont return my calls now) Any suggestions on how to deal with this? should i file a complaint with the FTC? since they handle cell phones and contracts?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: New Verizon Customer
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hstine82,

Hearing about how hot your phone is getting and that you've already had it swapped out twice is very alarming. For your safety please take the phone to your nearest Verizon Wireless Direct Store location http://bit.ly/3SdsA so that we can assist you immediately.

SarahO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Not applicable

A) I serisouly doubt they only had ONE phone available online

B) This is a SAMSUNG product not a Verizon product. Verizon doesn't make phones

hstine82

Mrhelper, Are you saying this is a Samsung problem and not Verizon? Here was Samsung response!

Please wait for a Samsung Agent to respond.

>> Chat transcript removed to comply with the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service <<

0 Likes
Not applicable

hstine82 wrote:

Mrhelper, Are you saying this is a Samsung problem and not Verizon? Here was Samsung response!

I'm not assigning responsibility I'm correcting you when you stated "Verizon will NOT stand behind there products". That phone is not a Verizon product. I'm also sure you meant THEIR not THERE. Just like I'm 100% sure the Galaxy S4 was NOT the ONLY phone in stock online the day you got it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hstine82,

Hearing about how hot your phone is getting and that you've already had it swapped out twice is very alarming. For your safety please take the phone to your nearest Verizon Wireless Direct Store location http://bit.ly/3SdsA so that we can assist you immediately.

SarahO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes