New Single Line 2GB Plan Details?
CityRoamer
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm interested in possibly switching to this new 2GB / $60 plan that VW just released, since I currently only have 1 device on a 2GB MORE Everything Plan.  But it would be good to know if there are any differences in features if I make the switch.  For example, the difference in costs of overages, the availability of setting up a mobile hotspot, international texting, etc.  

Is there an official list of features for the new plan or a comparison list between Single Line vs. MORE Everthing 2GB plans? 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: New Single Line 2GB Plan Details?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Great question CityRoamer. The link provided shows what is included in the actual plan as our website will list what it comes with. Anything that is not listed in the description of the plan will not be available. The description will also show what type of discounts the line would receive as well. Any plans that are able to receive the employee discount will go over the information on how to get it applied. In this case the plan does not have the hotspot or employee discount capability however, the $60.00 single line plan does qualify for the Edge discount.

CandiceH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I would love to assist you CityRoamer

The $60 plan is a gresat plan. It doesn't offer the mobile hotspot or an employee discount. Here's a great link with some more FAQ's for you: http://vz.to/1tmyP0e

JoeL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

CityRoamer
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the reply Joel. I looked on the FAQ - it doesn't mention the hotspot or the employee discount. Where would we go to find that out other than you telling me that? Smiley Happy

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Great question CityRoamer. The link provided shows what is included in the actual plan as our website will list what it comes with. Anything that is not listed in the description of the plan will not be available. The description will also show what type of discounts the line would receive as well. Any plans that are able to receive the employee discount will go over the information on how to get it applied. In this case the plan does not have the hotspot or employee discount capability however, the $60.00 single line plan does qualify for the Edge discount.

CandiceH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

0 Likes
CityRoamer
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi Candice - Thanks for the info.  Is this plan eligible for the corporate discount?

0 Likes
Not applicable

In post #1 is already states it's not. And unless your discount is 60% then the $60 plan is still going to be cheaper anyway. So to me unless one wants hotspot use or more than 2 GB of data I would go with the $60 plan.

CityRoamer
Enthusiast - Level 2

OK, wasn't sure if employee discount = corporate discount.  Didn't know if 'employee discount' referred to a Verizon employee or it meant a corporate customer's discount, which is what I am referrring to.  I normally get a 20% discount through my company for Verizon plans.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

"employee discount" is normally referred to as an employee of a company which has worked out a discount agreement with Verizon for their employees.

0 Likes
CityRoamer
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the clarification rcschnoor...

Ok, am I nuts, or did they now change the single line plans to 1GB / $60 and 2GB / $75?!!

http://www.verizonwireless.com/wcms/consumer/shop/shop-data-plans/single-line-data-plans.html

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

CityRoamer wrote:

Ok, am I nuts, or did they now change the single line plans to 1GB / $60 and 2GB / $75?!!

This is what it was last week. It is now 2 GB data allowance for $60/month, $50/month if you are on an Edge plan.

Single Line Cell Phone Plan from Verizon - Verizon Wireless

0 Likes