Re: It's Really All About Reasonable Expected Use of a Device
roll

I too am outta here when my contract ends. Why:

3. can't get good phones unless I pay an extra 10.00 a month

2. overpay for everything, all kinds of charges and stuff added onto your bill, how do they make all of this stuff up?? Why can't I just pay for my service??

and folks the number 1 reason that I am quitting Verizon........super lousy customer service!!!

0 Likes
Re: New Data Requirement!
Dawn328

I completely agree!  My family is due for upgrades and the kids couldn't wait to get a new "cool" phone, but when I was told that it was NOW a requirement for each phone to have at least the $9.99 data package, I was outraged!!  I don't want my kids having access to the web on their phones. I explained this to the salesman and his reply was "that's your choice, but you'll still have to carry at least a $9.99 data package whether you use it or not!!!!!  So, needless to say, we've spent this week shopping around at other cellular carriers.  I'm disgusted with Verizon that in these hard times they would take advantage of their customers like that!!  Shame on you Verizon! 

0 Likes
ebeodguy

Well friends "All good things come to an end" as they say! Big Red got to big and greedy! I have been giving Big Red 200 a month for 5 years for my 4 phones. No More!!! We switched from Sprint back then because verizon had better(more) coverage and decent customer service. As with any business once they grow to be a Giant they forget about the customer who took them to such heights. Like most of you I was in the process of adding a 5th line to my family Plan and much to my surprise they decided they needed to get more money out of the customer for the phones they were selling. You know exactly how that meeting went down: Boss: "Ok people we need to figure out how we can make more money from our customers, any ideas?"  1st Guy: "Well sir we are selling a lot of these data equipped phones without data plans, what if we require a data plan?" Another Guy: "Yeah and if we force the data plan with a low price like 9.99 we will get tons of customers to go OVER the 25MB limit and make even MORE money!"  1st Guy: "Yeah and OFFER an unlimited plan for those customers who have money and want the data plan to begin with!"  Boss: "Genius people genius,,,,,,,its not like our customers are gonna leave us,,,,,,,,,,,,,,we are the biggest and best wireless company out there!"  HA good plan Big Red good plan! We shall see how that works out for ya! I personally would rather go with a small guy who is not gonna force things on me! It didn't work for the democratic party recently and it isn't gonna work for you, when the people speak, the people receive!!!

0 Likes
dclayton

I hope Verizon will listen to the comments and concerns of ther customers and change this quickly!!!  I have only had verizon cell service, I have been with them for 10+ years, and if this "data requirement" is not removed, i will NOT be renewing my contracts and will switch once they are out of contract.  This is a selfish greedy buisness plot, that is telling customers that we dont care we are just about making money!!!  This will be the last straw for me, if it is not changed

0 Likes
kmassman

Words to all of you that are complaining on this thread threatening verizon to leave......I say GO AHEAD! Maybe people should shop the competition before posting comments. Verizon is one of the last carriers to make this data a requirement!! ATT, Sprint, they all do it! And ATT's data charge is a minimum of $20.00 a month!!! Verizon is not forcing you to get the data, if you dont want it then there are phones that are designed for you! People should not have 3G multimedia phones if you dont plan to use all of the features that they offer! Why would you want to spend more money on the phone if you arent even going to use its capabilities! If you really dont have the money then you really dont need a phone like that! So like I said go ahead and leave and go to ATT or wherever and end up paying more!! Leave the best network to those of us that are going to use all of the features!

0 Likes
InfiniteZr0

Maybe we should keep an eye on Verizon's stock

Maybe it it drops enough they'll realize they did something **bleep**

0 Likes
kmassman

If you are going to complain about taxes maybe you should complain to the state or federal government since they are the ones that charge the taxes! I love people that think verizon collects the money you pay for taxes! if you have $70.00 in taxes on your bill either you are not reading it right or lying!!

0 Likes
drnc03
Enthusiast - Level 2

Visit    https://survey.verizonwireless.com/vzwsurvey/    and take the Verizon Wireless customer satisfaction survey... let them know how you feel!

0 Likes
RoyH

It is a shame that Verizon think that their customers are **bleep**, They drop the price for unlimited calling plan by $30. and hit you with a $30. data charge and belive that no one will see what they are doing. Now you might think this is a ploy to compete with the other carriers but it is geared to increase Verizon revenue because they are not really dropping the price since most of the phones that dont carry the data charges are JUNK or phones suited for kids, so you are back to the $99.99. It also affects other persons like me who dont want the unlimited service since I am forced to either continue using my broken down phone, pay the data charge and in my case I have a family plan with four phones so my bill would almost double or buy the junk phones that dont have the data charge requirement. Verizon have always been expensive but the service was great so people did not mind spending the extra bucks for what was Premium service, but now their greed are leading them to certain failure. I have been with Verizon since 2001 and will be gone as soon as my contract expires. I live in NY so I might go with Metro PCS their service is not as good as Verizon but for the price I can deal with a few drop calls and I have no intentions to feed Verizon's GREED. Verizon also have the worst lineup of phones with a lot of them being very poor quality phones they usually dont last more than 14 to 15 months so you are stuck with a broken phone or have to pay full price for a new one, they make no exceptions and you cannot get a new phone at the 2year contract price even if you are willing to sign a new 2 year agreement or just a few days short of your upgrade date.

0 Likes
RoyH

kmassman wrote:

Words to all of you that are complaining on this thread threatening verizon to leave......I say GO AHEAD! Maybe people should shop the competition before posting comments. Verizon is one of the last carriers to make this data a requirement!! ATT, Sprint, they all do it! And ATT's data charge is a minimum of $20.00 a month!!! Verizon is not forcing you to get the data, if you dont want it then there are phones that are designed for you! People should not have 3G multimedia phones if you dont plan to use all of the features that they offer! Why would you want to spend more money on the phone if you arent even going to use its capabilities! If you really dont have the money then you really dont need a phone like that! So like I said go ahead and leave and go to ATT or wherever and end up paying more!! Leave the best network to those of us that are going to use all of the features!

kmassman

[edit] This is the United States we have rights.  Also do you know anything about phones when you say " if you don't want it then there are phones that are designed for you!" what are you talking about because I don't want to pay for data charges that are unfair I should be forced to buy JUNK. 

{please keep your posts courteous}

0 Likes