New Data Requirement!
jwroberts99

I too am very upset. I have been a very loyal Verizon customer for over 15 years.

My wife does not like technology. She uses a cell for convenience. It's the only phone we have. To be told we have to have a data plan. Why don't they just say the phone cost so much a month with the data included. You think you're getting a good deal and then they throw in the data plan and it is then not at all a good deal.

I'm seriously thinking of just returning our new phones and telling Verizon see ya and get a pre paid plan from someone. Although what I am reading there isn't anyone with any better cusomer service. Everyone is just plain greedy. Pretty soon you can't even have a cell phone without a data plan. I have a computer for doing data. It's a laptop. I can connect anywhere there is wi-fi. I don't need no stinking data plan.

It's all moot anyway. You're stuck, you need a cell. BUT I DON"T HAVE TO GET A VERIZON CELL!!!!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: New Data Requirement!
Intocable
Contributor - Level 2

so what are you going to do? are you going to speak with your wallet or be one of the many who come here crying after signing a 2 year deal where they will have to pay 50 dollars for 1GB.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

this is why it's very important to read what you sign. it states that smartphones require data plans and that you have 14 days to return it and get out of the contract. i'm hoping you are within that 14 day period. if so, just swap them out for basic phones that don't require the data plans. if not, sell them to pay the early termination fees and move to a cheaper service.

0 Likes
Not applicable

You really need to pay attention and ask a few questions when you buy something. Smartphones require a data plan.  Otherwise, why would anyone buy one?  If you don't need a data plan, you don't need a smartphone.  Return it within 14 days and get a basic phone with no data plan.