Re: New Bill layout for children
alchemista2

You must have just missed the cut-off date then. The bill you posted is definitely NOT the new bill format.

I bet money your next bill will be in the new format. Look at the post above with the colored circles - that is the new format.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

My bill is in the new format, and the Total Current Charges is on the next to last page, not on the first page:

PrintDownload.action.png

mflandshark
Contributor - Level 3

I agree the new bill is unnecessary but I can image the old bill was hard for some people to decipher as well....

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

alchemista2 wrote:

Look at the post above with the colored circles - that is the new format.

My online bill appears to be in this format, however simply switching the "Summary" tab to the "Splitting the Bill" tab will give you the same information on a line by line total current charges information.

Untitled-1.jpg

0 Likes
alchemista2

That only matches because you don't have a Balance Forward. So that page is actually like the "Total Amount" line from the old bill.

If you had a balance forward then that total would not match the Total Current Charges (which you can see in the barchart on the lower right there or by clicking "show balance details".

0 Likes
alchemista2

Yes that is the closest spot on the bill. Unfortunately it doesn't have a title to that subtotal. Then the total amount due below it factors in any previous balance.

Think of a large company's expense processor. You have $10/hr people checking a bill against policy. They only know how to look for a line item that has the proper description and amount being requested. If it matches, they approve it - otherwise they submit back to the employee for questions.

Seeing "Splitting the Bill?" raises a flag as if this has to do with sharing expenses with someone. Then, seeing a different number on the same page for "Total Amount Due" and no explanation for the single line under the "Splitting the Bill?" is confusing them.

I think I'm going to try submitting a marked up copy of the bill that uses big circles and arrows to point out what the current monthly charges are. It took a few months for me to be able to explain the "Total Current Charges" line to them previously.

I really hope VZN will add back in that summary like the old bill, or give us an option to print a more tabular format instead of this new 20-page format.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

alchemista2 wrote:

That only matches because you don't have a Balance Forward.

Well, yes. I get a bill and I pay it. Why would I overpay it so that I have a bill credit???? I prefer to keep my money if nothing is owed. I pay the exact amount.

You mention earlier about pre-payments to your account. Why would you do that? Keep your money. Make the payments AFTER your bill is generated and you won't have this problem.

0 Likes
alchemista2

Your bill paying behavior isn't the point. The point is that the "total current charges" line was correct regardless of whether you had a carryforward balance positive or negative. Then, total amount due would adjust the total current charges with previous balances (which makes sense).

I'm just saying that the screen you showed is not the same as "total current charges" on the old bill.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

The last page (which I posted above) does give the total current charges - if you add the individual lines and the monthly service plan cost, it adds up to the total at the bottom.

The first page of my bill shows a slightly different breakdown, and I assume that's where any pre payments or credits would also show up.  Since the bill comes, and I pay the full amount a day or two before the due date, there is no difference between Total Current Charges, and Total Amount Due.  Are you saying that the total on the last page DOES factor in any balances forward, so the total line charges and plan /account fee (Total current charges) don't add up to the total shown?

Page 1 of the same bill I showed above:

PrintDownload.png

0 Likes
alchemista2

The reason that your last page adds to the same as "total amount due" is because you don't have any previous balance carry forward.

If you have a negative or positive balance before your bill is generated, then your total at the bottom of the page will not match.

That's the point of the "total current charges" subtotal - it shows just the amount for the month, and doesn't take into account previous balances.

Yes, if you have a previous balance, that total due will not be the same as the total month's charges, and same on that last page.

0 Likes