Network Extender
FlywithHarv
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have another question concerning my Network Extender. I find that if I leave my home (with 5 bars) for more than an hour or two, and return home..I am showing 1 bar..apparently I'm not hooked to extender. I then have to to turn my phone off, then power back up again ..maybe several times...sometimes I have to reset network settings...(iPhone 6s)....I have a brand new extender (thought that the old one may have been the problem)...and I also have had my signal strength increased by Verizon...after fiddling around for awhile...I do get a nice 5 bars again..until I leave the house again...have to do this almost every time I leave the house...I do this process while standing about a foot from the extender..

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Network Extender
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

What is the model of the network extender you were given? Many of the network extenders issued by Verizon do not broadcast an LTE Signal. Thus, if your phone is connected to LTE, it will not join the network extender until the device drops to 3G or 1X service.

Now I don't suggest turning off LTE over this sort of issue - there are devices around which can repeat the LTE signal from outside, although they are expensive. But if you have to turn off LTE and have an iPhone, see if that helps.

0 Likes
FlywithHarv
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you for your reply! I have a Samsung SCS-2U01 that I bought from Verizon. I do know that the extender will not work if I have LTE enabled..I have it disabled on my iphone 6s. I did FINALLY solve my problem. My next door neighbor has an extender very close to where I pull my car in to the house..as a result, my phone locks on to his extender, and it is almost impossible to get my extender to lock onto mine. I've had this problem for over a year...I had the signal strength on my extender increased on Verizon's end, and they decreased the signal strength on my neighbor's..WITH HIS PERMISSION....This solved the problem..I now get a full 5 bars on my phone, and I lock on to my extender every time when I get home...I am a happy camper....

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Glad to hear you've found a resolution!

0 Likes
FlywithHarv
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you !

0 Likes