Network Extender recently not working well at all
scotchxx
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ive had it for a year roughly, never had any problems until recently.

Ive had dropped calls, constantly having to try and resend text messages.

I have an Windows HTC Trophy. What use to be constant 3g, has now turned into 1X to 3G to no service, never consistent. No matter how close I am to the Extender. I have reset the phone and the Extender a dozen times. All lights appear normal on the Extender.  The thing is just not working properly anymore and there is no way to find out why as far as I know.

It is bad enough I had to purchase it to begin with. Given that Verizon's coverage map for my street shows full coverage, but it is far from the truth.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Network Extender recently not working well at all
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi scotchxx,

The Network Extender is there to provide more coverage, not more problems. I'm sorry to hear you've been experiencing such trouble recently. Has any troubleshooting been done with our technical support team? We want to find out if there's a miscommunication with the Network Extender and the phone or if the Network Extender may need to be replaced. To begin, please let me know what occurs when you call #48 while near the Extender. I also want you to verify there is a short double tone or beep heard when you're making calls. Keep me posted so we can take further steps to turn this around for you.

Thank you,
MariaC_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
scotchxx
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have spoken with Verizon techs recently and they have boosted the signal here. It does not seem to have helped. One tech told me that they think the Extender is periodically losing communications over the internet with the Verizon servers. The tech did not tell me if they were certain of this or if it was something they could actually check.

I have two phones. 1 is just an Motorola flip phone that does not support 3G. I seem to have a lot fewer problems with it than my Verizon HTC Trophy.  For example, right now I can actually use my Motorola verizon phone to make a call.

On my Trophy, even though I should a couple bars, it says No Service at the phone screen and I am unable to make a call.

I did not suspect a problem with the phone itself, only because I can take it to a place away from my home where the Verizon signal is normal and it does not seem to ever have problems.

I did contact my Internet provider and they say they do not see any problems with my internet.

At this point, I dont know what to do. Everything use to work fine, and worked for a year. 

0 Likes
Not applicable

Hi scotchxx,

Have you tested the #48 while at home to verify what it states?  I'd also like you to try disconnecting the Network Extender while at home to see if the signal on your HTC Trophy changes. Keep me posted with these two results so we can know where to go from here.

Thank you,

MariaC_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes