Network Extender Problem
markfaircloth
Enthusiast - Level 1

So I've had my network extender for about 2 weeks now and its seeming like about every day now I have to turn my modem off and un plug my network extender because the SYS light changes from blue to fast blinking red. Can anyone help me figure out why please?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Network Extender Problem
markfaircloth
Enthusiast - Level 1

Any help out there?

0 Likes
markfaircloth
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've had to reset it twice already tonight. It's so frustrating that it works for a day and then I just have to keep resetting it multiple times a day. It'd be one thing if I had cell service at home but don't which is why I bought it so that I would.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, markfaircloth!

I am sorry for the inconvenience this is causing! I want to see this working properly for you! Have you verified the router has VPN support and your connection speed is a minimum of 1 Mbps? Also that it is a cable, FiOS, or DSL connection is important. These are the main things that came to my mind when you mentioned the router failure. If you disable/power off the network temporarily, does the router return the normal? Is the router software up-to-date? Please keep me posted!

Thanks,
AdamE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
markfaircloth
Enthusiast - Level 1

The connection speed is fine, and it is a DSL connection. The router had been working fine for internet forever and it still works when I'm using the wifi from the router but it just occasionally will make me reset my network extender.

0 Likes
randyguyla
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same trouble.  New DSL modem/router combo.  When the sys light is blue the NE works great.  But it spends more time in the red than it does blue.  Would really appreciate some ideas.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would definitely like to take it a step further with troubleshooting! What light are you getting when you have the issue? When you reset only the network extender, does it seem to work just fine? Here are some general troubleshooting steps: http://goo.gl/H0mxE Also, is this the 3G Network Extender or the original one?

Last question: Has it always been this way or did this issue develop over time?

I'm here to help you further.

Regards,

MikeS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
markfaircloth
Enthusiast - Level 1

When I get the issue the SYS light turns from blue to a fast blinking red. Yea when i reset it it takes like 15-20 minutes to turn back on and get signal but then it works fine. Idk what the difference between them is but I only got it about a month ago and it's been doing it the whole time.

0 Likes
kwatson703
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same thing happening to me, starting just today. I've had the network extender for over 2 years, and it has worked great. Today all the lights are blue except for a slow flashing red SYS light. I unplugged and then replugged it, and it went through its reset and GPS acquisition fine, but the SYS light is still red and flashing slowly. I'm on Verizon FIOS. I just tested upload and download speed, and download is a lot slower than it normally is (but still above the minimum required for NE). Download is 6.81 Mbps, and upload is 26.07 Mbps. Normally I get around 25 Mbps download and 15 Mbps upload. Smiley Sad

0 Likes
kwatson703
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well, this morning it fixed itself, and today download is 30.84 Mbps and upload is 26.01 Mbps. Go figure.

0 Likes