Need help understanding.....
gbryon

Ok so atm my wife and i have 2 droids and my son has just a cheapo slider phone for texting. I'm paying roughly $190 a month for 1400min's, 10 friends/family and unlimited data. I've been trying to read up on all the people out there not happy with the new share plan's they are having to switch to.

The wife and i looked and hell we don't even use 1GB of data a month. We are looking at getting 4 smartphones. Now the way i see it the new bill being on the 2gb plan would put us at around $220 vs if i were to just add 2 more smart phones to my unlimited data plan it is going to add another $60 a month plus $10 a month for the extra line, putting the plan i have now to a rough total of $260.

So isn't it cheaper for me to go with the new share plan vs my old plan? Or am i missing something and if so please help me understand.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Need help understanding.....
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

gbryon wrote:

Ok so atm my wife and i have 2 droids and my son has just a cheapo slider phone for texting. I'm paying roughly $190 a month for 1400min's, 10 friends/family and unlimited data. I've been trying to read up on all the people out there not happy with the new share plan's they are having to switch to.

The wife and i looked and hell we don't even use 1GB of data a month. We are looking at getting 4 smartphones. Now the way i see it the new bill being on the 2gb plan would put us at around $220 vs if i were to just add 2 more smart phones to my unlimited data plan it is going to add another $60 a month plus $10 a month for the extra line, putting the plan i have now to a rough total of $260.

So isn't it cheaper for me to go with the new share plan vs my old plan? Or am i missing something and if so please help me understand.

Assuming your usage remains the same, it sounds like you'd save money in your case.  Will you have wifi access most of the time? 2GB is a fairly small allowance for 4 devices that won't be on wifi constantly. You could always bump it up as high as 10GB if need be and still keep it the same cost it would be if you just added them to your current plan.

0 Likes
gbryon

Ya, i keep our phones searching for wifi when they can. That's prolly why we don't use much data now. Wife and i like having the net as more of a fun thing vs a need.

0 Likes
MankatoMN12
Contributor - Level 2

Good morning!

4 smarthphones would be $160.00 for the access charge ($40.00 * 4 smartphones).
2 GB of shared data would be $60.00
Total cost $220.00 (or $230.00 for 4GB) and this includes unlimited minutes and texting.

If you're paying $190.00 right now for 1400 minutes, 2 smartphones and 1 basic and switching to 4 smartphones of current plan it will come out as this...

$190.00 + $60.00 (for two new data packages) and an additional $9.99 charge for the new line access charge.
Old plan would end up being  $260.00

$40.00 less a month on new plan

0 Likes