Need Verizon to help me unlock my phone so I can use it internationally.
JBVerizon

I have an international calling and data plan.  The cell phone part of my smart phone is not working, but I have been able to activate WiFi.

I assume it's because the SIM card needs to be activated.  Can someone from Verizon help me?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Need Verizon to help me unlock my phone so I can use it internationally.
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you a current Verizon Wireless customer?

Did you call Verizon's Global Services before you left the USA to either turn on the international calling plan or to request a SIM unlock?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
JBVerizon

I am a verizon customer.  I have had an international call plan for many years. I just switched from a Blackberry device to an iPhone 4S.  I assumed it was ready because the sales person knew I needed it for international calls.

Can you help me?

0 Likes
budone
Legend

You will have to call global services from another phone and see if they can unlock remotely. 908-559-4899.

No one on here can help ya. We are just customers.

0 Likes
ArnettH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello JBVerizon,

Rest assured, I can certainly assist you in getting your international services activated/unlocked. Just for clarification, you have the iPhone 4S currently activated on your mobile number, correct? If so then I would need the SIM card number from the device. To get this information, you will need a paper clip to eject the SIM tray from the left side of the device. Once you have done so, please write down the SIM number from the back of the card as we will need this to activate/unlock international services.

Once you have done so, you have two options. If you are within the US, you can call *611 and have the SIM card activated. If you have already left the US then may I ask what country are you currently in? Our number to customer service while roaming internationally is 908-599-4899. We have support 24 hours a day so you can call when it's convenient for you! With your verbal permission, we can update your account for international services and review some vital information while you are traveling abroad. Some of this information that we will review are:

• Dialing pattern to local numbers.
  • Dialing pattern calling back to the United States.
  • Country Code(s)
  • Voice, text, and data usage rates.

If you are by a computer then you can get a head start on reviewing the information above by reviewing the link below.

http://businessportals.verizonwireless.com/international/traveling_to/index.html

Side note: The device will allow you to make calls with the SIM card out of the phone. while in the US

Please accept my sincerest apologies for this inconvenience as we want you to enjoy your trip, whether it's for business or pleasure. If for any reason that you are unable to reach us by phone then you can always tweet us! My twitter handle is noted below in my signature. I hope to hear from you soon.

Happy traveling!...

ArnettH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
mrpaper

I need to unlock my verizon Blackberry and I do not have the pass code. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi mrpaper,

We definitely want you to have full access to your Blackberry device. The forum we're in now is for international access which doesn't require a pass code. Are you looking for the phone pass code or which code is it that you're referring to? Please keep us posted so we can provide full information.

Thank you,
MariaC_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes