Need Help With Sporadic Text Message Delivery
mgerrish
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello, was hoping someone could help me out. I have a Samsung Galaxy Proclaim (Straight Talk.) Straight Talk told me that this phone runs off of Verizon Towers. So thats why I am posting here.

After owning this phone for a few weeks now, when I go to send different people a text message, some will get only certain texts. I called ST and we tried everything: Removing the battery and restarting, factory reset, calling *228 selecting option 1 and 2. They told me to send 5 text messages in a row to myself so I did. After about a minute, I only received 3 out 5.  After that, I tried sending another 5 text messages to a friend that lives in a different part of the state, and they said they received 4 out of 5.

So this has been very frustrating, anybody know what could be the cause of this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Need Help With Sporadic Text Message Delivery
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would love to get your messages flowing again, mgerrish. Unfortunately, we're very limited on our support for you since you have a device that we don't carry and a service that's not directly through Verizon Wireless. I'd recommend to reach back out to Straight Talk to discuss options of filing a ticket with their Network Team or even possible equipment replacement. They may use some of our towers, but it is a completely different service and may even have a mix of towers through agreements depending on your area. Your direct cellular provider will be the best place to go for help.

We would love to have you join Verizon Wireless if you'd like. Just visit www.vzw.com/prepay for all of our prepay phones and plans to fit your needs.

Thank you
JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would love to get your messages flowing again, mgerrish. Unfortunately, we're very limited on our support for you since you have a device that we don't carry and a service that's not directly through Verizon Wireless. I'd recommend to reach back out to Straight Talk to discuss options of filing a ticket with their Network Team or even possible equipment replacement. They may use some of our towers, but it is a completely different service and may even have a mix of towers through agreements depending on your area. Your direct cellular provider will be the best place to go for help.

We would love to have you join Verizon Wireless if you'd like. Just visit www.vzw.com/prepay for all of our prepay phones and plans to fit your needs.

Thank you
JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

mgerrish
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm actually seriously thinking about becoming a verizon customer. With straight talk, when I try calling them its like pulling teeth. Thank you for your fast response!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mgerrish,

We’d love to have you with us and are here whenever you need us.  You will have the best network, phone, and support you need http://vz.to/13N0B6O  . We’re here via chat, our forums, Twitter or Facebook, as well as just a call away. Here’s how you may be able to keep your number http://bit.ly/qDhvBY  .

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

0 Likes