Nationwide plan upgrade
venus3321

I am currently on a Nationwide Family Plan and eligible for an upgrade.  If I use my upgrade and purchase a discounted phone, will any of my monthly charges change?  I only ask because on the new Verizon Plan if you upgrade and have a contract you pay $20 extra per month.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Nationwide plan upgrade
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

There would be no "extra" charges, unless your data plan on the Nationwide is the unlimited plan (that's going up by $20).  But then, If you upgraded with a discounted phone and renewed the contract, you would not be able to keep the unlimited; you would have 2 GB data on that line.  Effectively you ARE paying $40 ($30 for the data, $10 for the line access), then add your limited bucket of minutes + whatever texting plan you have.  You get a discounted phone, you commit to another two years, and pay what you  pay now for the same plan you have now (unless, as I said, you currently have unlimited data.)

The new plans have unlimited minutes and texting, $40 per contract line, $20 for out of contract lines (you pay for the phone up front or on a payment plan, or bring your own purchased on your own separate from Verizon) and a shared bucket of data - in a lot of cases it's a better deal than the Nationwide plan.

0 Likes
Re: Nationwide plan upgrade
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

venus3321, we would love to see you with a new phone! You may keep your Nationwide Family Share plan when upgrading to a new phone with promotional pricing. However, you will be moved to currently offered data plan for your line if you choose a Smartphone.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes