Re: NEW EDGE PROGRAM
Tidbits
Legend

There are going to be times you'd never recoup the cost selling your device... A device that fails to get support for example or has a poor following which reduces the value of the device.  It all depends on how you look at it.  It's always options for everyone to decide which is best for them.

Not applicable

abdiziriel wrote:

I understand your point and I know the maths. but you say there's not too much difference between upgrading in 18 months or 24 month. There is a difference, and the difference is that at 18 months you have to turn in your device to get a new one. at 24 month on contract you keep your device. So, still better Edge?

Again, I understand that it may be cheaper in terms of cost, but why not wait 6 more month for the 24 month contract and be able to keep the phone instead of upgrading at 18 month and give Verizon the equipment you paid for 18 months?

Then don't upgrade for 24 months like a contract. You'll save even more. Guess what, if you buy a car and have a 4 year loan and you only pay off 3 years and you want to get a new a car you either trade in your old one or pay it off. You don't get to keep you old car and stop making payments on it and also get a new car.

0 Likes
abdiziriel
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ok. So, you are saying that if I take edge and pay the phone for the 24 month period I could get a new phone on the edge program and keep my device? i mean... I went to a kiosk and was told that even when I pay the phone completely, to stay on edge program I would still need to give the device back. Previously I was asked which phone cost $720, well, the Note 4 I think is 6.99. close to $30 a month. even the iPhone 6 Plus.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

If you ever pay off the device the device is yours.  You DO NOT trade in your device if it's paid off.

Not applicable

abdiziriel wrote:

Ok. So, you are saying that if I take edge and pay the phone for the 24 month period I could get a new phone on the edge program and keep my device?

Yes of course you've paid it off it's yours. You can do what you want with it

Shane3118
Contributor - Level 3

you can save a good amount of money via the Edge plan.

<< Comments edited to comply with Verizon Wireless Terms of Service >>

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

mrhelper wrote:

$30 for 24 months? Which phone is $720?

How bout 2 out of 3 new iPhone 6 models and all 3 iPhone 6+ models, which just happen to be the most popular phones on Verizon right now.

I'm sure the new Droid Turbo will at least come close to that amount.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Yes I know there are $700 and & $750 phones. I never heard of a $720 phone.

B33
Legend

Woo.!  that's expensive

0 Likes
B33
Legend

HEy Tidbits.  if I get a Turbo I'll probably just do as have before I'll  S.B. it..