NEED an in store Technical service
DGP4

How do I find where there is a store that has Technical service close to 9566 & NOT JUST LIP SERVICE!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: NEED an in store Technical service
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

No true tech service in VZW corporate store. Techs were eliminated in 2011. Corporate stores have support but they really only go so far as soft reset and and factory data reset.

Why don't you post your issue here?

0 Likes
DGP4

There's TOO MANY issues to deal with on the phone or on line, have to do the hard turn on/off all the time (Vdown button & rightside button) learned that from level 2 tech last week spent 90 mins talking to him on another phone to get that to work on my phone it keep freezing up and not doing anything, but will drain the battery completely. If I do get it to stay on & a phone call comes in it'll last about 15 seconds then cuts off. I have done the safe mode, I have not done the factory reset, I need to download to the computer all my contacts, photos & texts first but it won't stay on long enough to do that.  It's only 18 months old so it's out of warranty, that's why I'm looking for a in person tech who can keep it on long enough to transfer files then I can do a total reset.

CAN YOU HELP?

Debbie

0 Likes
lynne_vzw
Verizon Employee

Having a working phone is an absolute necessity, DGP4. While it's correct that we don't have technical support in our stores any longer, we can certainly assist from here. We understand how crucial it is to keep your contacts and other data intact during the factory reset process. What is typically happening on your device when it freezes or shuts off? Do calls coming in always cause the device to power off? Please share details.

LynnD_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
DGP4

Have you read anything from the previous reports? I'm so tired of 'sharing details' with every tom dick & harry, this problem has been passed around to 8 different people so far. I'm almost done with Verizon permanently, I'm to the point of the discount isn't worth this kind of problem. As of right now all I want to do is transfer any contacts, photos, texts to another phone.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

The only way to get a live person is to visit a corporate store. Don't count on someone taking more that 20-30 minutes with you trying to figure this out.

They will soft reset and if that doesn't work they will hard reset (erase everything and start like new). If that doesn't work then they'll send a warranty replacement provided you meet all requirements. If you aren't eligible for warranty you will be presented with other replacement options which would most likely include purchasing a new device.

0 Likes
DGP4

I solved my problem, I switched to ATT & will use the phone as fishing weight.  Thanks for the help.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Good luck. AT&T tech support is worse.

0 Likes
awillieno1

Having connection problems on all my devices using my jet pack to get on line banking sites.  I can get on to you tube, Craig's list, Facebook usually with no problems.  What ca be to pfoblem?

0 Likes