My wife and I, along with our neighbors, have poor verizon reception in our house, in Knoxville, TN.
tshumard1

My wife and I moved to Knoxville, TN in July, since then we've experienced very poor wireless signal strength that is leading towards poor battery life in our devices.

We live in area code 37934, my wife has the iPhone 6 64gb, and I now have the Galaxy S6 64gb, but previous the HTC One M8.  Our signal strength in our house and in our yard is -98 dbm to -122 dbm.  Today, my phone just sitting (about 10 texts, no phone calls, no internet browsing, but connect to full signal strength wifi) lasted 11 hours before dying completely.  Wireless network standby consumed 34% of my battery.  We live in a fairly populated area, but newly developed, part of town.  Our neighbors are having similar issues with their Verizon service.  Could you please check on the wireless towers that serve western Knoxville/Farragut?  It is getting difficult to even make it through half of a normal day.  I work from home and today is just a typical day (except I didn't need my phone much today), on days where I am located with better cell reception, I easily have 40-50% battery left at the end of the day.

I know a few other people with other services and they have much greater signal strength than we do. 

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: My wife and I, along with our neighbors, have poor verizon reception in our house, in Knoxville, TN.
pherson
Champion - Level 1

You need to call tech support about this and not post in a peer to peer customer forum. From a phone that's not your cell, call them at 8009220204

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: My wife and I, along with our neighbors, have poor verizon reception in our house, in Knoxville, TN.
pherson
Champion - Level 1

You need to call tech support about this and not post in a peer to peer customer forum. From a phone that's not your cell, call them at 8009220204

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

Also I should add service is not guaranteed everywhere especially inside of structures. You may have to switch carriers.

0 Likes