My vz messages app stopped working over wifi. It worked fine yesterday.
Jim420

Like the title says...  Why would my messaging app have stopped syncing over wifi? Worked fine yesterday, but not today. The app is useless to me without this feature. I also tried chomp, and it too will not sync over wifi...

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: My vz messages app stopped working over wifi. It worked fine yesterday.
Jim420

ETA:  It works fine over cellular data, just not wifi...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
We want to make sure that your messages are working properly Jim420! You should be able to send messages over Wi-Fi. What is the make/model of your device? Have you tried to uninstall the application and reinstall? What messaging application are you using?
AmberF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
Jim420

LG G2, vzw message + is the app. first thing I tried was uninstalling, rebooting, and reinstalling. It seems to be intermittent at this point...   There used to be an option to sync, which, if I was having issues, I could sync, and that would normally clear things up, but I cant seem to find that option any more.. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
We are not giving up Jim420! I know how important it is that you are able to sync your messages with your Verizon Messages application. What make/model phone do you have? Did you recently do a Software update, download new applications or update any application on your device? What exactly are you trying to do with this application? Are you able to receive/send text messages? Have you tried connecting to multiple WiFi Networks to see if the issue continues?
JorgeO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes