My ringback STILL will not work
swiftmaster

I've read all the ringback help posts I can find and still can't figure out my problem.

Yes I have ringback service on my plan

Yes I went to Manage My Ringbacks from My Verizon and purchased one and set it to my default, several times.

I even went to My Ringbacks from the VZW Tunes App on my cellphone and set my purchased ringback as the default.

STILL when people call me its the generic ringback from Motzart or w/e.

I called customer support and the lady I spoke with didnt seem very knowlegable, she told me I had to download it to my phone from the get applications option on my cellphone.  According to other posts ringbacks arent download to phones, and surprise, there was nothing to download when I chose the option on my phone.

Anyone have any ideas?  Im thinking I should remove the ringback plan so people dont think Im some kind of fruit when they call me.

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: My ringback STILL will not work
spottedcatfish
Champion - Level 3

Welcome to Verizon Wireless, where we include features on your monthly calling plan that often cannot be used properly on your phone.  We also offer limited support in the odd event that you actually want to use a feature in addition to paying for it!

In all honestly, ringback tones are idiotic and a waste of money, and remember to turn them off before you try to get a job, or have anyone call you in a professional capacity.

My reccomendation would be to start over again, remove everything off your phone and do it all through the phone interface.  It seems like you're having some issues with what's going on between the web interface and your computer, so go around it completely.

0 Likes
Re: My ringback STILL will not work
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'm not sure you can do ringBACK tones from your phone.  The tones are stored on Verizon's computers and so have to be accessed and managed from the website.

Be sure you are logged in with the number of the phone you want to apply the ringback to.  This may seem obvious, but I am amazed at the number of people that don't realize that EACH number on a family plan account has it's OWN log in.  Once you are logged in with the correct number, THEN go to Manage ringbacks.

If it is still not working, I would definitely call customer service and get it worked out, or get a credit, since it has NOT worked from day one for you.  Keep calling until you get a CS rep that will work with you.  Some are good, some not so good.

Let us know what happens....

0 Likes