My phone was lost then found but lost again by Verizon
ANGJON91

I am Angel's husband and I was in Utah May 25th 2017 and lost my Samsung Galaxy S6 phone. On July 24th we received a group text that that read:

Hi Angel this is the Verizon store in West Jordan. A good Samaritan found a galaxy 6 in the middle of nowhere and brought it here. The SIM card suggests it might be yours. Please call or text if it is yours.

We contacted the person at the store in West Jordan and his name is Logan and he said they would drop it in the mail and send it to us. When it did not arrive by July 31st we sent him another text and he replied that he had been off and a guy named Chris was to send it he would find out.

I was back in Utah and went to the store December 4th 2017 and met with Logan face to face. I asked him what happened and he said it was supposed to be sent USPS and it could have gotten lost he had no way of tracking the shipment, or it could have been sent to the warehouse and deemed no good or it could have been donated to a women's shelter. He had no way of checking and was really anxious to be finished with me. I am back in South Carolina now and would like to know how to settle this. I lost it he found it then the store lost it again? It doesn't add up. I have not claimed it on my insurance because he kept assuring me it was on the way and that he was trying to locate it I have several text messages and also made voice calls to him over the past 6 months.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: My phone was lost then found but lost again by Verizon
ANGJON91

If someone would like to contact me through voice or text that would be great.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

This sounds terrible but here's my advice: yes a good Samaritan turned your device in to a Verizon Wireless store but the store cannot be responsible for the device. They did contact you and I agree that they should have sent with a tracking number but they didn't. Technically, according to your customer agreement, you are the one responsible for your device. I know that things happen and devices get lost. You should call Verizon and report the device lost/stolen so that they can put the ESN (serial number) on a list and flag the device making it unable to be used. Before you do that you should try to track it on the Android Device Manager website by signing in with your Gmail credentials.

The biggest issue is that you have a small window, I believe 30 days after the device is missing, to call the insurance company and make a claim. If you do call Asurion, they may deny the claim if it is outside of the terms of your insurance contract.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I’m sorry to learn that your phone was lost, ANGJON91. I can assure you that our representatives will always do their best effort to return a device when a lost device is dropped at a store.

I see in your message that our store representative sent you a message and mailed the device to you, and lamentably it was not delivered by the USPS. Since our store representative sent the device and is no longer in his possession, there is nothing we can do to replace a device that was already lost. I apologize for any inconvenience this information may cause you.

I would also like to confirm that any claim to the insurance company [Asurion – (888) 881-2622] must be submitted within 90 days.

AntonioC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

I am sorry to hear this story and how everything is not working out for you. I was wondering if you have a google account setup. if you do go on there and see if it can find the phone.I was in my google account and noticed that it can ring the phone locate the phone and even shut the phone down. Don't know if this helps but I hope something works out for you and soon.

0 Likes