My phone review keeps getting removed after going up
Yousef43
Enthusiast - Level 1

Twice now I have posted a review for the Galaxy S9+ that was up for some time and then removed, with the only reason given "your post didn't pass our guidelines." I posted it first on May 3rd - got the "thanks for your product review" email, saw it on the website, etc. - and then was notified May 20th via email that it "couldn't be posted". There was one part that I thought might be possibly construed as not "focused on the product" which I adjusted and then re-posted that same day, only to have it removed two days later on the 22nd (yesterday). I absolutely cannot imagine how my review was a breach of any of the four guidelines listed on the review creation window; I did not include any names or identifiable information, I did not mention any competitors or pricing, I did not write about customer service, and I talked about nothing but the phone itself. The review is critical of the phone but nothing is exaggerated, everything I mention is true and in my opinion relevant as a consumer review of the product. Also, the email I received concerning the review's removal says that it "needs some attention", but then removes the review completely and gives no information on why. I have looked around to see if there are additional guidelines or other reasons for removal but I haven't found anything.

Again, here are the guidelines:

• keep your review focused on the product
  • avoid writing about customer service; contact us instead if you have issues requiring immediate attention
  • refrain from mentioning competitors or the specific price you paid for the product
  • do not include any personally identifiable information, such as full names

And here is what I wrote:

First the good: the software and processing power seem top of the line and the battery lasts.

Now the bad: most concerning is that the sim card is connected to the phone by a very small tray of weak plastic. The first week of using the phone the card popped out while the device was sitting on my desk; the phone was inoperable until I used a paperclip to open the tray and pop the tiny card back into place. The fact that this can apparently happen at any time is very troubling.

Second is the Bixby button on the side of the phone which, if pressed while your phone is active, switches to the Bixby service with a voice greeting. You cannot rebind or turn off the button, nor can you mute the voice greeting even when all volume levels are at zero (you can mute it with a full system mute, but then your alarms won't sound). I mute my phone for very specific reasons, so if I go to check a message and accidentally hit the button that's going to be a problem.

Third is that the phone is long and heavy, and the curved edges make it fairly difficult to grip. This can be mitigated with a case but the fact is that the base model is not ergonomic at all. The phone does not use micro-USB but rather a new port altogether, nullifying what was previously a strength of versatility.

I got this as an upgrade to my Galaxy S4, which was becoming very unreliable in its battery life. I really don't feel much better with this model in terms or reliability because of the sim card slot issue, and I don't appreciate having to worry about accidentally hitting an unmutable noise button.

Why was this removed? And why was it days/weeks after it was put up?

Labels (1)
Re: My phone review keeps getting removed after going up
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Beats me. That review seems acceptable to me. It's giving a product constructive criticism on how to improve. It's not saying the phone is 100% terribly bad.

0 Likes